AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190884 times)

instant

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #440 on: March 07, 2006, 01:41:51 am
hey

@instant: hmm, your fighter sprite looks a bit of a mess to me... It seems like you have tried to draw in details and forgot about lighting... i dunno... but my advise to you is forget about detail, and focus on lighting, as I think light defines form AND detail.

the anatomy is a bit crazy in places, the lower legs look really odd, the shoes look incomplete and undefined. the shorts look quite odd to me also, they look very pillowing and flat in space. finally I think the best part is his face.

EDIT +2
AND AND
here is an edit I started... moved onto the pants now, not quite happy with em still... and now a lil more...

cyas

AWWW but i like my sprie DX

lol newayz i very much appreciate the C@C im pretty new to pixeling and im still trying to grasp different tecniques. This fighter was really just to see what i could do with this new palette, thanks a lot. ill see what i can do to fix him up.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #441 on: March 07, 2006, 03:02:45 am
instant, while yosh has a point, dont forget your detail wasnt necesarily wrong, it was just a bit misplaced and over emphasized, keep up the good work, I like the way you apply that detail.

yosh64

Reply #442 on: March 07, 2006, 09:56:50 am
hey

@instant: sorry if I was to tough, but something I didn't mention was that I think your sprite design, character and pose is great. anyhows I look forward to seeing more pixels from ya. :)

cya
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:59:28 am by yosh64 »

instant

Reply #443 on: March 07, 2006, 11:01:21 pm
hey

@instant: sorry if I was to tough, but something I didn't mention was that I think your sprite design, character and pose is great. anyhows I look forward to seeing more pixels from ya. :)

cya

Thanks a lot to both of you for the input, I'll try a lot harder XD

Offline Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #444 on: March 09, 2006, 10:56:24 pm
Well Grops, Turbo and Yosh64, i'm ready with the portrait and the pixel-fighter. I can learn a few things about your posts by helping me in improve the quality of my fighter.

Portrait:

More big the left Hand
i improved the left eye
I placed more shadows and Clarity.

Pixel-Fighter

I need to do it again from the beginning because some kinds of poses needs a drastical change.

I hope you like it

P.S: Grops, thanks for your post of the portrait but i prefer to support the nose like Dragon Ball; Yosh64, your boots are great but I did the costume in DB style and that means that i have to do the entire uniform, I hope that you do not take it badly :P

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #445 on: March 14, 2006, 10:48:45 pm

Can mine be considered "done'' enough to be accepted into this?

I -want- to add an extra arm to it; and perhaps animate the sprite;

But a dreadfull combination of school and my computers dying all the time has left me unable to find the time to really finish it;

And King of Spriters 2003 is one of the greatest things I recall from the old community. . so being able to even enter something to the 2006 variety is so grand  :'(

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #446 on: March 16, 2006, 03:32:10 pm
oh boy... this looks like fun...

:)
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #447 on: March 27, 2006, 04:32:42 pm
I'm also wanna ask if my pixel-fighter will be considered done to be accepted in the character selection?

I don't want see the King of Spriters 2K6 without have all the characters. What do you say Scuba Steve?

P.S: What happened with Grops and Yosh64?

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #448 on: March 27, 2006, 05:20:21 pm
Steve: If you have time, could you put the link to my site in there as well? The adress is http://imson.deviantart.com/

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #449 on: March 27, 2006, 09:28:30 pm
Been busy with that iso and other school projects, I'll try to get around to adding some stuff to this next weekend.  I'm a bit disheartened that some people never finished portraits for some real incredible works early in the thread.
Glub Glub!