AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190873 times)

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #420 on: February 22, 2006, 11:52:36 am
Here are my sprite (16 colors) and portrait (25 colors). ;)
web link: www.spiv.cz

That's draw-joppin.. - jaw-dropping good!! ARRGH!! Its dithering is really good, I think Pep(permint Pig) will agree. And of course, the multiple lightsources you used, amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that the blue light doesn't reach all the points it should.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 11:54:28 am by Lick »
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Captain Blood

Reply #421 on: February 22, 2006, 06:37:41 pm
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Green_Arrow_III/feralbeastportrait.png<-- could you just update the default color of my portrait to that please?  And change the name to Wolverine and link to my Pixel Joint account at http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?pg=1&id=449&sec=icons

Cheers.

Offline Grops

• View Profile

Reply #422 on: February 24, 2006, 11:37:21 am

I did a quick change of the leg... I thought that it looked classier( actual word? ) So anyways if youwant to change it there is some reference for you.

yosh64

Reply #423 on: February 24, 2006, 02:27:12 pm
hey

I just wanted to add that in Grops's EDIT, as you can see the lighting of the leg is much better defined, you can now clearly see he is in a crouched stance. I actually prefer that "classier" style myself, but maybe you can redo the legs alike Grops's, but with more folds to make it more dragonball z'ish... If I make any sense?
---

Was just thinking about my pixelling... I mean doesn't my EDIT look pillow'ish? nothing is sharp or whatever... well this is really more so with clothing... but nevermind, this is not about me... anyhows goodluck with ya sprite Dragon.
---

EDIT
AND
Well I just done yet another edit, this time I just better defined the lighting, and also made the cloths less pillow'ish...

EDIT
AND
Another edit... just tried to better define the lighting on the arms... anyhows hopefully things can be learnt from all my EDITs, hehe. :)

EDIT
AND
And another... just cleaned the pants/legs up a little...

cyas
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 07:31:34 am by yosh64 »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #424 on: February 24, 2006, 11:18:41 pm
his feet are too big, and the way you put his feet would be breaking his ankle i think :\
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #425 on: February 25, 2006, 01:57:47 am
Scratch me from the list of anticipated participants. I got started slowly, but things came up... They always do.

Oh, and spiv, you win.

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #426 on: February 25, 2006, 05:54:57 am
I KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND!
Glub Glub!

yosh64

Reply #427 on: February 25, 2006, 11:19:20 am
hey

@.TakaM: I was looking back over your fighter, and I find the upper body to look quite flat and odd to me... You probly done with it, but anyhows I thought I'd try and maybe help give some advise on giving it more depth.

.TakaM's original
AND
Incase anyone forgets his fighter... as you can see he is based on Ken from Street Fighter.

My EDIT

Well I don't think my edit looks quite like the "Street Fighter" style, but you can hopefully see it has more depth in his upper body.

ALSO it appears to me that the light shining on "Ken's"/(your fighters) pants/legs is coming from THE right? but the light on ya fighters ball and head comes from THE left? as ya would already know, in my edit the light comes from THE left. Anyhows that's it for now, hopefully I make some sense?

cyas
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 02:42:48 pm by yosh64 »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #428 on: February 25, 2006, 05:37:29 pm
there shouldn't be that much depth were you can see muscles, it's clothing, and it doesn't look like it's a clingy type of dress that's adhesive to his skin or something like that that >.>;;
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #429 on: February 25, 2006, 07:18:30 pm
I loved Dragon's version so much that i had to give it a tweak, for personal pleasure. Here goes:

Hope it's ok by you, Dragon! Tried to stay between both styles, the Kof and the Dragonball one.

Sucks on this bg, though... needed some selout on the skin zones.