AuthorTopic: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!  (Read 190883 times)

Offline spiv

• View Profile
    • Spiv's web

Re: King of Spriters 2006 - Project of the Millennium!

Reply #410 on: February 15, 2006, 09:09:25 pm
Here are my sprite (16 colors) and portrait (25 colors). ;)
web link: www.spiv.cz

Offline Toby

• View Profile
    • SKEZblog

Reply #411 on: February 15, 2006, 10:51:20 pm
Here are my sprite (16 colors) and portrait (25 colors). ;)
web link: www.spiv.cz

Woah, pure awesomeness :) Easily one of the coolest sprites and portraits that have been submitted. Just gotta love the vibrant colors and cartoonisticly evil design. Thumbs up :)

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #412 on: February 16, 2006, 10:25:38 pm
I should really finish mine, I'd hate to not be a part of this  :'( but that one arm I still have to do is tricky.

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Reply #413 on: February 17, 2006, 07:18:23 am
Woah! It's been a while since I've replied here. Just so you know I scrapped my samurai sprite. Since I made my decision I've been thinking about weather or not I should just sit back and not participate or try again. I thought about it a lot and while I was thinking pletty of things happened. So my final decision was........Finish what I started! It's what my sister would want sooo.....HEre it is still a WIP

Oh yeah, you know it....It's Pocket Style! C & C would be well apriciated because this is my first ever attempt at this.

And while I'm typing I wanted to congratulate those who I read about in the Pixelation: The Game thread. I don't think I'll ever be that good but I guess only time will tell....

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #414 on: February 17, 2006, 04:27:02 pm
I'm liking this much more than your samurai sprite, he has much more attitude and character.
Glub Glub!

Offline Ro83rt

• -insert snappy phrase here-
    • View Profile

Reply #415 on: February 18, 2006, 05:02:22 am
Thanks Scuba! I hoped you would approve. Well I worked on it most of the day and this is what I came up with. I think I'm gonna animate him later.

EDIT:

The animation kinda messed up in the saving process so I don't think I'll use it but I wanted the feedback so...

Heh, I even came up with a little background info for him.

Basically he was sent from his homeworld to conquer Mars but got lost and ended up landing on Earth. Of course he didn't expect anybody to be on Mars so he was caught WAY off guard when he saw how many lifeforms roaming around. He decided that he should just conquer it anyway, but there was only one problem. He didn't know how to fight!

So he posed as Cobalt, a Scottish immigrant with a skin condition and learned Martial Arts with his lifetime membership to Tiger Shulmans's. Now he's ready to open up a can of whoop-ass on the planet Earth!        Heh.....Pretty Sweet right? 

*crickets*

Ugh...Yeah....I'm gonna go work on the portrait now.... C + C if you want....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 07:25:47 am by Ro83rt »

Offline Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #416 on: February 21, 2006, 08:41:54 pm
HI, I'm a new guy who wants see his first Pixel-Fighter in that battlefield with the others fighters, Scuba Steve, i hope that you can approve my fighter

This fighter is a version of myself with the Dragon Style from Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance/Deception and he's wearing Goku's Uniform. Obviously, his name is Dragon

And this is the portrait

I hope that you like it!

Offline Grops

• View Profile

Reply #417 on: February 22, 2006, 05:32:29 am

I tried to show some things that could be changed to make it smoother. It collides with style modification though so you don't have to take all (or any for that matter) into consideration. I just was giving a edit on things I think could be improved.

yosh64

Reply #418 on: February 22, 2006, 06:56:36 am
hey

@Dragon: Firstly I think the character of your fighter is cool, I like it. I dont understand the shading of his right arm, looks quite odd to me... AND I think the other arm could be better defined also? The pants look rather messy, well maybe it's just them dark lines through out them! The design of the boots look a little odd to me, I think they lack definition. In the portrait I think his hand seems to small? compared to the size of his arm! AND I like what Grops has done to smooth out and further define the portrait, I think you should take his advise...

Anyhows I am really quite looking forward to see how this turns out, I think it could be quite good!

EDIT

I attempted an edit of your sprite to try and help, hope you dont mind? someone else can probly do better than what I have done, as I'm no expert. As you can see I tried to fix the arms, neck and legs a bit more to my liking AND didn't touch the boots as yet. I also organised the pallete, there were alot of stray colors?

NOTE: Think I lost the dragonball z'ness style folds with my edit to the legs... But yea, I think you need to lighten them dark lines defining the folds!

EDIT

I mostly just redone the pants somewhat...

EDIT
AND/OR AND/OR
I just redone the arms...

EDIT
AND
I just edited the rest as I thought... really hope you dont mind? AND I didn't know how the boots were meant to be... :\

cyas
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:38:26 am by yosh64 »

Offline Aoi

• View Profile
    • Michifu.com

Reply #419 on: February 22, 2006, 11:12:26 am
Fighter:

Portrait:
Edited, new portrait:

It's not fire on his head, it's only a mask, hehe.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 03:55:19 pm by Aoi »