AuthorTopic: Official-NeoSoft's Portfolio  (Read 11577 times)

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Official-NeoSoft's Portfolio

on: September 08, 2008, 06:40:34 pm
Hey, this is my portfolio. I am willing to make sprites for you, in change for a little money  ;) And when I say A LITTLE, it is A LITTLE!  ;D

Some of my work (THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU TO USE!):

Skull with dithering ( second time I used dithering! ):

Animation for a hero I use in my game:

A flying stag ( My first pixel-artwork! ):

Tiki Man ( Never Completed ):

For animation, press F5.

This may look all like old, because I say "my first" this and "my first" that... But I don't have recent good files, except on that animation of the hero, I didn't want to use more frames, on payment of course I do  :P But if I used more frames on that work it would be a perfect animation.

UPDATE:

I made a new pic,
I'll make more, I tried a new style, I'll make some creatures...

UPDATE:

I also do banners now!

^Made this for a friend, DON'T USE IT!^

How much do I charge?

I cannot say... It depends on:

Size
Detail
What it is

So just send me a request, telling me the size, what u want, colors, style and that stuff...
Then I'll think of a fair(cheap) cost.

Greets,
Official-NeoSoft
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:19:56 pm by official-neosoft »

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Re: Official-NeoSoft's Portfolio

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:26:40 pm
UPDATE:

new monsters in a new style uploaded

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 01:20:23 pm
UPDATE:

I also make banners, I posted an example

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 05:07:28 pm
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I think you've got a lot of practice before you should even try getting paid.
Not trying to sound rude, I'm just stating you should also read job descriptions before applying.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=7312.0
They are looking for experienced artists familiar with animation and art in general.

Also your banner isn't pixel art.
You should either hit the sketch pad and get used to shading simple objects.
Cause right now you're just pillow shading everything.

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 02:17:39 pm
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I think you've got a lot of practice before you should even try getting paid.
Not trying to sound rude, I'm just stating you should also read job descriptions before applying.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=7312.0
They are looking for experienced artists familiar with animation and art in general.

Also your banner isn't pixel art.
You should either hit the sketch pad and get used to shading simple objects.
Cause right now you're just pillow shading everything.

Thank you, this is something usefull, instead of people just ignoring my posts, you give some advice  :y:

I'm sorry, I forgot this wasn't for non-pixelart, sorry.

And can you maybe find me a tutorial for non-pillowing ? I can't find any, and I also don't really know what it means ( I'm Dutch )

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:43 am
Pillowshading - When one shades outwards towards the line, rather then shading accordingly to proper shapes and light source.

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 05:51:08 pm
Your heritage is no excuse for not understanding certain terms. Do not be ashamed for not understanding them, and blame them on something else then an entire country if you will :P

But to define Souly's definition differently: Take a pillow, put a lightbulb straight above it, then look from the positoin of the light. The edges of the pillow are dark, and it get's lighter towards the center. The outline defines the shape instead of the shading, because the light stands directly perpendicular upon the surface. So if your light would be elsewhere, or if you would have multiple surfaces facing different directions, they are shaded differently. You should try and draw something based upon volume, rather than shape.

This to illustrate my point, though it may be a bit overdone:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:55:04 pm by TrevoriuS »

Offline official-neosoft

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 08:02:35 am
Your heritage is no excuse for not understanding certain terms. Do not be ashamed for not understanding them, and blame them on something else then an entire country if you will :P

But to define Souly's definition differently: Take a pillow, put a lightbulb straight above it, then look from the positoin of the light. The edges of the pillow are dark, and it get's lighter towards the center. The outline defines the shape instead of the shading, because the light stands directly perpendicular upon the surface. So if your light would be elsewhere, or if you would have multiple surfaces facing different directions, they are shaded differently. You should try and draw something based upon volume, rather than shape.

This to illustrate my point, though it may be a bit overdone:

Thank you  ;) I'm not blaming the Netherlands, I just said it to make clear English is not my basic language, so I don't understand ALL words and terms  ;)