AuthorTopic: Help with trees  (Read 30803 times)

Offline Fatalis67

• Total newb
    • View Profile

Re: Help with trees

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2008, 11:33:33 pm
I literally felt sick after looking at this thread for about 10 minutes. This perspective gives me motion sickness and imo messes up what could've otherwise been an excellent bunch of pixel art.
In the words of Shakesphere: "Villian! I hast done thy mother!"

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:06 am
Stop bashing the damn perspective and look at the art! What is this, offtopic funfair?

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 11:03:35 am
the perspective IS a really big part of the art. if he had painted pink and it looked bad, people would still mention it, and he couldnt just say "forget about the pink! stop the offtopic and focus on the art"

just like anatomy, color, balance, etc, perspective can have a huge impact on people's first impression. I think this thread proves it. I've discussed it cause I was curious about it, and at the end of the discussion I understood the choice. Doesn't mean I think its a good trade off or that the perspective is working for the art. I actually think its not helping. so its normal that people talk about the perspective, cause its throwing them off.

what you could say is "look above, it has been discussed"
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: November 13, 2008, 02:02:26 am
I agree with you there Kazuya, but indeed...after sometime people does feel confortable with this perspective, and I'm just the pixel artist making up the graphics for the producer... so I just can't change the perspective although my brain would be so much glad into making this on top-down view or at least with 27,5 degrees isometrical pieces hehe But the fact is that I must work on this perspective and I would really appreciate some effort from you guys to help me on improve the pieces I'm exposing here.

I thinks that's TrevoriouS' proposal aswell...

So, let's try to keep this thread out of discussion but up for new uptakes and new criticisms aswell.
Here's my next piece:

28 colors... excluding the background.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:13:24 am by Andre »

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #74 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:08 am
Why so colour intensive? 8 colours + transparancy. Wasn't manually reduced, so any flaws could be avoided by doing this from the start.

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Reply #75 on: November 13, 2008, 12:58:24 pm
It seems a bit odd on the intense shadow points in my opinion Trev...but I might use Dark shades with some neutralizing AA there...I'll try this, thanks!  ;)
Any word about the design though?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 02:49:15 pm
the blue giant guy/wizard/and statue all have their heads turns upwards as if they're looking at the sky.