AuthorTopic: Help with trees  (Read 30789 times)

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Re: Waterflow, Walking animation claim for help, rabbit jump

Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 12:29:22 am
@Froli

Yeah man, I used to make sprites using fireworks, unfortunately these bunches of colors are on his hair rs
I'm really try'n to make sprites with 30 colors max, trust me. I'll improve the walking cycle, maybe 4 frames isn't enough then...right?

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 01:41:53 am
I tried to shade the left foot when it reaches the top possible back position, then when it comes back to the front position the contrast may bring an illusion of lift
Otherwise I don't know how I can improve it, if I really lift it I would need to make it diagonaly into a 45 degrees move...the effect of this action is a stomp and the ground which is similar to a injuried soldier insteed of a normal walking cycle. If any of you guys wouldn't mind giving me an quick edit of it, it would be trully appreciated.

Here's what I got so far...

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 05:14:59 am
Ye Froli is the man to go with if you want help with this stuff:D He's really good at this perspective even though he seems abit to moddest to confess it.

Offline Salvage

• lets pee in the corner, lets pee in the spotlight
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 09:10:35 am
ok, andre, regardless of what you decide to do with this project, here is my edit for what you need to do with his left foot.
you will notice that it is now lifting and planting like his right foot, instead of just sliding as it was previously.
hope you can see the importance of this edit.
there are many pixel artists who i am sure are wiser than i, however if i always gave up when told things were hard, i wouldn't have learned what little i know ;)
if you do decide to quit, at least finish this animation to a point where you feel you learned something.
btw 4 frames is just fine.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:20:54 am by Salvage »

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 11:00:51 am
Made a fast edit.

I made the shoulders shift to make the walk convincing. Edited the legs and finally the hair out of curiousity :lol:

Some stuff you have to do now
1. clean up the colors because they are ultra saturated and need a better contrast.
2. Make the metallic shoulder pad smaller because it's distracting.
3. you still need to adjust the character's right leg because the walk is still a bit off <even for a 4 frame animation limit>.

I Also noticed you went beyond the 32x32 size restriction. Is that okay?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:34:49 pm by Froli »

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 12:49:55 pm
Hahaha thank you both guys, well let's talk a lil bit:

@Salvage

I've already done this lifting effect, you have well expressed on your previous explanation what you had in mind, I'm happy I was able to do so ;D
But that's my point: These stomp step gives me the impression of a march insteed of a normal and soft step. The way I figure out the lifting effect was shadowing the left foot when it meets its final position on the back of the character.  This is indeed a very important side of view which I still need to work ok  ;)

@Froli

Nice points showing over there, I really appreciate this edit, all the color talk and hair fixation was really important haha, about the 32x32 limitbreak...We are planning to use different races like the rabbit-like humanoid I've posted here lately. So on, the 32x32 is the perfect limit for those lil fellas xD altough most of them still have their body indo a 30x30 ou 29x29 template fit.
The walking cycle was REALLY convincent, however, I noticed that his feet are a bir turned to the right of the character as the movement flows, specialy the left foot.
The shoulder pad is really massive hahaha need to fix that, I really love the top back frame of the left foot, you've shaded it, just like me but it's damm nice OO

Thank you guys for the edits, I'll be study'n that :D

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 01:08:43 pm
The walking cycle was REALLY convincent, however, I noticed that his feet are a bir turned to the right of the character as the movement flows, specialy the left foot.

I made the feet angled like that, to make the "illusion" that the toes are pointed up as it plants on the ground. I believe with Better highlights and tints, you can make it more convincing (that's why I mentioned about your color choices).

I really don't want to go for a full edit because I'll probably start from scratch.
Changed the 3rd frame and the right leg animation.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 05:28:07 am by Froli »

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 05:51:29 am
It's kinda ern, running...in my concept but damm, this animation which took me like 1 week and a half to understand and finish the movements were expressed in 1 single day remake! Just amazing Froli  :P

Well, looking at Salvage animation, I fell like it's right, but some times I think my shading on the left foot was enough to make the impression of a different level on the lift once the light gradually highlight the boot...but anyway, This edits were really helpful, I hope you guys keep up close enough to train me a bit haha

I'm just at a start of long pixel era here hehe, any other thoughts will be well pleased  ;).

Offline Froli

• Dragon Highlord
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 06:18:05 am
Hm I lowered the left arm by a pixel on the 2nd frame. If you still feel it's running, just put it in a slower speed.

Slower speed

And if you notice something is off, you have to do your part and do the changes! experiment and see how it improves.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:38:02 am by Froli »

Offline Andre

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 07:09:33 am
Thank you Froli! ;D You got msn or something that would make possible for us to talk some? Same to you Salvage
It's nice to have some good critics out there. send me for PM if you have so, please =]