AuthorTopic: [WIP, Some Nudity] Now heyy13's Art Dump ~ UPDATED 21/10/08  (Read 14338 times)

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Re: [WIP, Some Nudity] Now heyy13's Art Dump ~ UPDATED 15/09/08

Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 01:25:55 pm
:O

Good point Ryona! I completely forgot about perspective. xD;; I've been doing alot of small isometric things and scenes (like the dragon) that lack depth. Your completely corect and i shall go about setting a vanishing point somewhere in the back and adjusting the divan.

I'm glad you like the style! I was concerned that people wouldn't like it because i've exagerated the pear shape, legnth and width of her limbs so much. Also concerned about the hands and wings, i suck at hands and i've never attempted angel wings before.

So your praise releives me muchly!

I'm stumped on the dragon (thus the angel) but thanks. : )
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:27:26 pm by heyy13 »

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 02:17:17 pm
i like the angel, but im really posting about the rocks. When i was on vacation in Wisconsin i noticed something. When you look at rocks, they are (obviously) very plainular, but with lots of nooks and crannies and stuff in the bigger shape. Id post an example, but im a little busy right now. Expect one soon! good luck.  ;)
-:EDIT:-
if i don't get an example out soon enough look at some ref pics.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:21:57 pm by Shrike »

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 07:52:04 am
@ Shrike, it's so dificult to find refs for rocks larger than a pebble on the web. I realise what your talking about though and have been looking at some boulders in a local empty lot for ideas. : )

UPDATE on angel:

I tried to incorporate a vanishing point for the chair.... As you can see it didn't work... Help? Edits? Ideas? D: I just reread Ryona's post and realised i'm an idiot. I'll now be forshortening the couch instead of trying to make it needlessly complicated by incorporating a vanishing point. xP

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:39:43 pm by heyy13 »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: [WIP, Some Nudity] Now heyy13's Art Dump ~ UPDATED 19/09/08

Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 03:50:53 am
Okay, here's a quick edit on the couch to illustrate some depth and dimension.
Keep working on your artwork! It's turning into something beautiful.

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Re: [WIP, Some Nudity] Now heyy13's Art Dump ~ UPDATED 19/09/08

Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 10:40:01 am
Sorry it's been so long since i've updated everyone but i've been really busy (and art-blocky).

Thankyou verry much for that Ryona! I've crossed my original divan with the one that was adjusted for vanishing points and i came up with a similar thing that didn't look completely stupid. ;D

Next i must conquor the apolstry! xD;;

I also addressed the lack of texture on the tree for the dragon. It looks much better. Still trying to find a solution i like to the rocks, but we'll see how it goes. : )

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Re: [WIP, Some Nudity] Now heyy13's Art Dump ~ UPDATED 21/10/08

Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 02:54:18 pm
Trees aren't usually spotted like that, and it doesn't look like small pieces of bark either. I think you should change the texture of the tree, but if you like it that way you should keep it.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP, Some Nudity] Now heyy13's Art Dump ~ UPDATED 21/10/08

Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 10:26:07 pm
There's a time and place to use selective outlining effectively, and it's not for a still image on a light background. The only time it's necessary is when the piece will be moving along various backgrounds. Selout is basically anti-aliasing to a background of medium luminescence, so using a light background to show the dragon is just hurting the piece. Also, there's a uniform texture throughout the tree and dragon. Smooth. Trees have holes, disfigurements, peeling bark, perhaps cracking or bending from stress of the dragon's weight. You'll have to do more than spot it with single pixels to add any realistic texture to it. The pillow shading, especially noticeable on the trunk, doesn't help the lack of texture either.

The rocks are also rather smooth, but I'm more concerned about how they're stacked. They're all in the foreground. There's not pile of rocks to support the precarious tower of rocks shown. I'd like to see a sturdier base of rocks, to make the situation more realistic.

A similar occurrence happens in the tail feathers(?). Each one appears to be on the same plane as the rest, making them flat.

I can't stress depth and texture enough for it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:28:55 pm by Blick »