AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364599 times)

Offline Chouru

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 05:37:51 am
Hello everyone, I have tried before to get into pixel art with little success. The main reason is because I am designing a game on RMXP and want to create 100% of my graphics. I also am going to take an Adobe Flash course and want to learn pixeling skills for that as well.

Nice to meet everyone, hope to learn a lot and have fun here!

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 08:52:45 pm
'allo everyone, how do you do?

I'm Koi Kami Mauro. I've been spriting for some... 4 or 5 years now.

The reason I say spriting? I've been brought up on Sonic fan forums, and on the tradition of sprite editing. However, since much of my spriting is nowadays 90%custom (I suck at hands), I figure it's about time I take the big step and become a full-fledged pixeller.

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 03:23:16 pm
Hi everyone. I'm Antifarea, I've been spriting since january 2009. Now, I have seen this forum before, and even read the rules back then, but then I didn't had internet at the time at home... so I finally decided to join, so I can learn more and get constructive criticism. I'm still learning as it's only been two months... nice to meet you all. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 03:30:04 pm by Antifarea »

Offline Mind-Freak

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: March 19, 2009, 02:04:27 am
Um, sup guys? I'm Mind-Freak. Wannabe spriter. Hope I don't cramp your style!

Offline Graciepoo

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 12:38:18 am
Hello, I'm Graciepoo. Im 15 and I like to pixel doll. I'm a member of a dressup site called DIVACHIX.com. On that sight I design and produce clothing for the divas (dolls).

Offline dead_pool

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: March 31, 2009, 02:05:15 am
Hey guys, been hanging around a while, but never joined. I'm Tim and I'm 15. I like pixel-art and I'm trying to learn anatomy.
"I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence and I divide them"

email me at (tim.blake.navy@gmail.com)

Offline The Mozack

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 05:36:42 pm
I'm The Mozack.

I've been involved in pixel art as a hobby since 2003, and had in most part submitted submissions in deviantART under "themozack" for at least three years. However, the neglect of dA's pixel art section over the years has prompted me to create an account in Pixeljoint, where I submitted a very limited number of submissions concurrently with dA, and had been engaged in Pixeljoint's forums more actively. Much of my work is focused on isometric depictions of scenes and objects, but I'm also interested in non-isometric works.

Until recently, the rate that I learn pixel art has been very slow, owing to the fact that I have not been able to invest time practicing or do not have much constructive comments on my work. As a result, much of my earlier works are now considered mediocre by pixel art standards (despite the fact that two of them ended up as DDs on dA). Hence my participation of Pixelation, where more professional input and resources are available to speed up the learning process. I certainly have lots of room for improvement.

Offline CJ

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 11:23:43 pm
Hello hello peers, programmers, and lovers of the pixel art. The corny introduction is followed by a mini biography right? Ah, well then let us proceed;

For fear of being hunted down one day by an internet stalker the name I've chosen to go by on the world wide web is CJ (Which is very close to my actual name, irony?). Joking aside, I've been a lurker on these forums for God knows how long now. Always thought to myself 'Ah well I can't fit in with these guys. They're too good, I'm lacking something essential to be apart of this community!' but I figured I should put an end to this train of thought immediately, four-three years of lurking and here I am; putting an end to that thought, funny when I think about it.

A big fan of art though. It's amazing to me how a gorgeous piece of art can be made with Sculpting, or how one pixel can go on to lead a beautiful outcome of a highly appreciated piece. Though I'm not lacking in the self-confidence department, my pixel art isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Of course I'm not that bad and I do have my days where I'm on my game, there has to be some way to improve myself so that these "some" days become practically everyday right? Joining this community I feel as though I can achieve that. Reading through numerous threads over the years you guys give top notch criticism whether it be harsh or kind it provides the artist great insight on what he/she could/should do with there piece or next one. There are plenty of artists whose work I admire and have, in a sense, motivated me to work harder in my own pixel 'level'. Hopefully this community can provide just that and I'm glad that I've finally decided to join and embrace Pixelation to it's fullest.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:32:16 pm by CJ »

Offline Scribblette

• View Profile
    • Livejournal

Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 04:47:07 am
Hullo all. I've been lurking in the shadows for a few years and only recently grew a brain which informed me I'd grow even more if I actually reached out and asked for input, rather than stare at a piece presuming it'll somehow just tell me what it is that is mysteriously wrong with it.

And so here I am.

Oh, right - I live in Australia.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:08:01 pm by Scribblette »
Now reading: Animator's Survival Kit, Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain, Fun With A Pencil. No time to pixel!
Pixelated Anatomy|Foliage

Offline MegaLeon

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 04:54:21 pm
Hi, i'm Leonardo from Italy (No, i'm not eating spaghetti right now  :P)
Grew up loving those little pixel puppets from Alundra. Now Pixel Art is one of my hobbies, which includes: losing my time doing nothing epic for humanity, drawing comics, act (nothing better than a good laugh) and watching The Blues Brothers.