AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364810 times)

Offline PinkBloss

• Be yourself
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #30 on: December 28, 2008, 02:47:19 am
;) Hello Pixelation thanks for having me. I have been working with PSP and graphics for about 6 years now. In the last 2 years I have been working that much and had lots of personal stuff in my life happen so I spent less time with my graphics but now I have cut my work back and changed the direction of my career I have rediscovered my love of arts and pixels so rock!!! I hope to learn heaps and share with you all  PinkBloss.  :y:

Offline Eponasoft

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 02:46:03 am
I've been registered here for some time now but never properly introduced myself. I'm the senior programmer at Eponasoft, an independent developer of games, compilers, and utilities for the PC and Nintendo DS. Since I am a programmer, I do not pixel very well, though I am rather skilled with high-poly-count 3D scenes and dabble in animation in said format from time to time. A few of you may already know me, even if you don't know it yet...

Offline c0n

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 06:27:43 pm
Hi there pixelators! I'm 13 years old and from Norway, and just got interest in pixelation. I'm still at a novice level but I'm hoping I'm getting better over time... I use Graphics Gale for pixel art and I have made games in The games Factory and Multimedia Fusion for about six years now, and my hobbies include: El-Guitar, Pixelart, Programming, Gaming (Indie and not).

Oh and btw, these smilies rock!  :D

Offline pixeltao

• View Profile
    • PIXELTAO

Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 09:32:26 pm
I know Pixelation since 2003 but I never took the time to register. I'm a professionnal pixel artist, I've worked on many mobile phone games, GBA games and one DS game, and I am now going indie (or at least trying). I must say that I'm really impressed by the general quality of the artwork submitted here. This is a great source of inspiration. Nice to meet you all!

Offline CarbonX

• View Profile
    • Hellspawn Software

Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:59 pm
Hi All, CarbonX here,
     I'm an indie mac game developer (http://www.idevgames.com) but I have recently become interested in honing my skills as a pixel artist. I'm looking forward to critiquing and being critiqued by some of the great artist you have here.  ;D

-CarbonX

Offline Jovan

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 04:49:42 am
Hi everyone!

Interesting to see the board isn't as old as I thought! Anyway I am a 21 year-old programmer of all sorts trying to get back into doing some pixel art. I never learned good techniques and never really advanced anywhere because of it. So today I was looking around for pixel art communities and came across Pixelation :).

See you around!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #36 on: February 18, 2009, 04:21:38 am
Jovan, maybe the board IS as old as you thought, this incarnation is one after a big swipe that ereased a lot of stuff. the old board was blue and purple, as far as I know goes back to around 2001. Now, if you were thinking amiga days...then yeah, the board isnt that old :p

Offline Jovan

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: February 18, 2009, 05:27:17 am
Yeah. I spoke to a few people on IRC and figured that out :).

I love pixel art and even though I never really devoted myself to it, playing games like Metal Slug, Contra, and the rest always encourages me to do it myself, even if it's not exactly quality work.

Offline madforthefiddle

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:36 am
Assuming this gets read, here is a quick introduction:

I've been playing games since the C64 and I've always been amazed by what people have been able to do with a few strategically placed dots. In the bits of time that aren't really spare but aren't entirely someone else's either, I've been known to throw some dots together with disasterous results. Over the past few weeks I've decided to buckle down and learn a thing or two about serious pixel drawing, and in that time I think I've made some small progress. Still, no way better to learn than to throw myself at the mercy of those with more experience! I'm  looking forward to learning from all y'all.

Offline Vampire Slug

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:11 pm
Okay, I've read the rules, I've read the FAQs and I'm ready to get started.  I've always loved pixel art, from the days when it was cutting edge graphics to today.  I used to do a lot of icon art and ANSI graphics back in the BBS days and still love plopping down pixels, one-by-one, to get something.  I especially like to see how I can get an idea across with minimal colors and size.  Anyway, I've recently joined Pixel Joint and have migrated here as well in hopes of getting better.  I'm in no way a professional artist, I'm just your average Computer Systems Analyst but I love taking spare time to bang out pixel stuff.  I'm way older than the average here so all I'll say is my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20... when they were new. ;)