AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364601 times)

Offline SkyLion

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #560 on: December 13, 2017, 09:40:53 am
Hello! I'm both new here and new to pixel art. That is, new to drawing it; I'm 32 years old and pixel art has long been my favorite form of digital illustration. I grew up playing games done in this style, and it's stuck with me since.

I adore all kinds of art. I'm a writer and a web developer, and when I was a kid I drew like crazy. But one day, I stopped.

Well, I've decided to get back into it, and really develop this skill. And so, I'm excited to join a community--this community--that's focused on this specific art!

I'm using a mouse and an Intuos Draw tablet, and Krita. And as I've just begun, I've only so far drawn several portraits, which I did while using other artists' work as a reference.

But if I may, I'd like to show my latest portrait, and the first I've done without artistic reference:

Thanks for reading! I hope I'm able here both to learn and contribute, and I very much welcome all your advice.

Offline Asin

• View Profile
    • Indian blouse design

Reply #561 on: December 19, 2017, 07:17:43 am
Hello folks, I am new here and looking to spend some exciting time with you. I am doing my Management course and part time job too.

Offline Squire Grooktook

• View Profile

Reply #562 on: December 20, 2017, 08:14:10 am
Hello. I'm not a pixel artist, but I work with several on my game development project.

I figured I would join this forum, so that I could ask for reference pixel art on certain subjects (I try to provide the artists I pay with as much detailed art direction and feedback as I can), and also to possibly hire additional pixel artists in the future.

I hope that's alright. I read the rules, but I still wasn't sure if this was an artist only forum, or if requesting references for study would be considered tabboo or not.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #563 on: January 01, 2018, 10:21:06 am
welcome Squire,
Happy New Year everyone ;-)

Offline RetroInsight

• View Profile

Reply #564 on: January 03, 2018, 04:02:13 pm
hi guys,
my name's Veronica and im here looking for learn pixelart ^^
kisses from italy and sorry my bad english  :lol:

Offline Hoogo

• View Profile

Reply #565 on: February 03, 2018, 05:03:27 am
Hello people!

I'm new here so let me introduce myself. I'm Hugo from France. I'm new at pixel art, been doing it for a few weeks now.
As of now it is a hobby of mine. I'm also planning on making a game, so hopefully I can use pixel art for that as well!

Nice to meet you all, and see you around!

Offline NuType

• View Profile

Reply #566 on: February 19, 2018, 05:13:52 pm
Hello all! My name is Raul and I've been doing pixel art for quite some time, but never on a consistent basis. Mostly when the drive hits.

I do concept art, illustration, graphic design and game design, and I've always held a heavy interest in pixel art and 3D. I want to implement though more pixel art in my work and up my game in that arena. So I figured I'd join here since this seems like such a rad community!

Pleased to meet you all!

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #567 on: February 19, 2018, 07:24:42 pm
Welcome, NuType :)
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Darkri

• Interested in learning and improving my pixel art!
    • Darkri_Art
    • View Profile

Reply #568 on: February 28, 2018, 09:48:19 pm
Heya there people!  :)
My name is Chris aka Darkri, i'm just a dude who recently started having a passion for pixel art.
Came here looking to improve myself in this medium and learn some new things, hopefully even make some friends along the way!

Can't wait to meet people!

Offline Railslave

• @Rail_slave
    • View Profile
    • Gallery

Reply #569 on: March 01, 2018, 06:58:08 pm
Hi, I'm Dylan

I've mainly been taking baby steps via the C64 demo scene, with not much experience out side of those restrictions.

I'm looking to expand my self as a perceptive artist first and foremost, then concentrate on getting it all reading well in wide pixels.

I've recently been having all kinds of fun with dramatic lighting and shadow stuffs, picking up things here and there (with not much understanding of 'why' things work.

Be cool to get some closer critique and maybe some encouragement in the right directions.

Here's a few things.

more recent, I don't consider it as polished but VERY me (down to not being polished as well)..

gallery of sorts http://csdb.dk/scener/?id=29222

looking forward to making new friends ultimately.