AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 212814 times)

Offline hANshOTtH3RD

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #560 on: February 01, 2020, 05:52:53 am
Hello all, hANshOTtH3RD here(a.k.a. hANdsh0Tn0goOd on imgur, and u/dares2share on reddit). I registered back in 2016, but I guess i forgot to introduce myself until now...

I have no formal training in graphic art, although I've always liked to draw ever since I was a kid. Really, it's mostly just been doodles in notebook margins. I sort of had a lull during my college days, although in recent years I began playing around in GIMP, and doing some logo design for some personal software projects.

Recently circumstances have sort of put programing on the back-burner a bit, while also leaving me with more time to scroll the internet, and also draw more. What started as logo design drifted more into collages/mashups, and digital-art in general(all in GIMP-2.8.10).

I definitely also have a thing for retro style graphics. I think it is nostalgia for when I was a kid; too young to play games myself, rather watching older kids play the games for me. ;) Also, I guess, in my short debut as a software developer, I sort of grew an aversion to all sorts of new tech coming out, and consequently now seek out classic/vintage/retro stuff as much as possible.

Also, I've become more & more interested in recent developments in the healthcare industry the past few years, as I seem to have acquired some bad luck, and various accompanying medical problems. I've also taken more interest in business+investing news, from my various attempts in business/efforts to build a carrier for myself. ...I've also become more aware of the international goings on. ...basically I like to watch the news!  ...and I also like pixel art! ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:57:07 am by hANshOTtH3RD »

Offline Frelon-K

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #561 on: February 09, 2020, 12:29:15 pm
Hello everyone, Frelon-K, 31 years old, from France.
I'll try to be exhaustive and not being too long.

I'm fairly new to pixel art. To be correct, I purchased Aseprite a while ago and doodled around. But recently, I started a course to improve my pixel art, so it would be more accurate to say I'm taking a fresh start. I am actually on a self-challenge to do one pixel-art per day. Today is the day number 5. This is to evaluate my progress over time.  :)

Otherwise, as a solo developer, I'm like a swiss knife when it comes to game development. I can do composition (this is what I do the best, especially chiptunes). I can code, I actually use Unity and C#. I can also write (the texts I am writing are extremely violent, that is pretty paradoxal). I can do the Community Management (even if I hate this job with a burning passion) and web development (same as CM). I have already released a JRPG (made with RMMV) and a Danmaku (made with Unity) on itch. Sometimes I am a jammer, I actually took part at the GGJ some days ago. Unfortunately, I lack of marketing skills. :blind:

I work actually on a rogue-lite.

I was looking for a small and friendly forum. Firstly because I miss the old Internet. And secondly, because I became sick and tired of social networks. I still have a Twitter account, but this is tiring and boring. I mean, there are a lot of informations and stuff in a short amount of time, all stacking onto a bottomless pit... I can understand some people like it, but to me this is an endless source of stress. So... Well, better find a forum, like the good old days, slow down the pace and take time.  :D

Cheers everyone.  :D

(avatar, signature etc coming soon)