AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 367358 times)

Offline aura kendama

• View Profile
    • Aura Kendama

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #550 on: September 10, 2017, 08:14:20 pm
Hello all

Fine artist with a painting background - interests include colour theory, line perspective
Like computer game animation especially from the like of nintendo, sega etc
animation in general is a delight to make and see it working after hours of drilling your craft
Aura Kendama - Traditional Japanese Skilltoys

Offline 17fthigh

• View Profile

Reply #551 on: September 16, 2017, 02:38:07 pm
Hey!

Since I joined this forum I thought that it just would be polite to introduce myself before I'm on my way to discover everything you're providing!

So, if I'm going to introduce myself, I probably should say couple more things about myself than just one sentence.

Known as 17fthigh.

My name is Chris and I just turned 20 years old. I left school when I was 14 years old and learned english on my own, latvian is my native language so I apologize if I'm making some mistakes. After I left school I learned everything about graphic design on my own by giving libraries and internet tutorials a visit and I think that this way it's easier to learn everything since you don't have to deal with things that doesn't seem interesting to you. Oh, forgot to mention that I'm from Latvia but you could already think of that when I mentioned my native language. So yeah, in my free time I also read books and do some boxing, been doing that since I was very young.

About video games? Nah, I quit playing them quicker than I stopped smoking since I got more interested in finding ways how to earn money in internet. So one day ago 14.09.2017 I decided to create my own YOUTUBE channel and see where it goes. Even if it fails and I will not succeed, I'll grow because I tried, so it would be shame not to give it a try.

I'm not able to tell anything more because I'm high as fuck and this laptop screen makes me feel a bit bad, but I hope that it's enough!

I hope that I'll get to know you all, if not all then atleast some!

xx,
Chris.

Offline Robbie Harrison

• View Profile

Reply #552 on: October 10, 2017, 10:16:59 pm
Not quite an artist but really interested in pixel art. I seek to fight my social anxiety, and I found than finding confidence via creation is the best way to go on in life, thus I started drawing, pixel art , and music. My skills are still raw but it's always a pleasure to see improvement in my work.

Hope we get along !

Offline alessandromanno

• View Profile

Reply #553 on: October 11, 2017, 01:28:51 pm
Thank you. Hope to meet new friends here :) I'm from Italy and I'm a photographer. In my spare time I play boardgames, paint miniatures, play with my PC and I do coding. I'm here because I want to find someone to join my project :)

Offline nicolas

• View Profile

Reply #554 on: October 17, 2017, 12:46:07 pm
Hello,
I'm nicolas. I'm 36 now. I work as analyst developer on websites / applications / smartphone applications / SOA..., and at night-time I love to develop 2D games since my childhood.
but pixel art is really hard, and I hope I will find help and advices here.
( I've made a game using copyrighted sprites for dev speed up, the rules of this forum are really strict, and to avoid get banned, is there a section where I could post copyrighted work and WIP replacement ? because I want to use these as base to remake sprites from bitmap brothers and snk until get out of copyright and derivative work )

(little sample)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 03:11:06 pm by nicolas »

Offline Cherry

• View Profile

Reply #555 on: October 25, 2017, 03:56:45 pm
Hi, I'm Cherry (usually I go by another "fruit" but this time I chose something more sweet) and I'm just hear to take in and try to learn a bit more about 2D spriting.  :-*

Offline RoosMahBoi

• hI
    • View Profile

Reply #556 on: November 03, 2017, 01:20:33 pm
Hiya. A Pixel artist/Game Dev from Sri Lanka here.
i have no idea how to do this :-[

I hope I may get accepted here. I love doing Pixel Art and I been longing for criticism from this place! (I hope this drops my darn ego about my art)
Hiya.

Offline miawtthias

• View Profile

Reply #557 on: November 03, 2017, 06:53:36 pm
Hi ! I'm miawtthias, I did some amateur pixel art when I was younger and recently fell back into it after trying dotpict on my phone. I do it mostly for fun on my spare time.

Offline growly

• View Profile

Reply #558 on: November 08, 2017, 04:18:42 pm
Hi everyone! I'm growly.

I've been designing/programming games for about 5 years, but I'm brand new to pixel art (and art in general). I've made a couple things in Photoshop, but I just bought Aseprite and I'm excited to start using it. What are everyone's favorite threads/resources for beginners?

Looking forward to learning new things and getting to know you all  ::)

Offline Based Kermit

• weiss is best girl!
    • sharkington5
    • sleepysharks.tumblr.com
    • View Profile

Reply #559 on: December 12, 2017, 05:55:26 pm
Hello all! I'm known as Kermit online, but Emma irl.

I've been drawing consistently for about 8 years, but have only recently picked up pixel art (I dabbled waaay back in the day, horribly) to aid my friends in creating a small game. I've been consulting this website a lot when it comes to stylistic quirks and different resources, as well as a few other online sites in order to have a better grasp on what I'm doing.

I plan on posting my sprites and backgrounds to be critiqued at some point, and give out some critiques as well to try and expand my knowledge (feel free to adjust my replies if you see fit if you ever see me on the boards, I'm just entering this community and am still learning my way around).

Thanks for reading, and see you on the boards! :P