AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 200033 times)

Offline Hershel Lousyton

• hershellousyton
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #540 on: January 10, 2019, 01:22:46 am
Hello. I go by the name Hershel Lousyton. Or Lousy, when someone wants to go for the low-hanging fruit. I recently took an interest in pixel art after getting Aseprite, and plan to share and (hopefully) improve. I'm liking a lot of the work I see from others already.

Offline aureotoshi

• Painter
    • View Profile

Reply #541 on: January 27, 2019, 11:27:36 am
Hi! my nick here is aureotoshi.

I'm mainly a digital painter with photoshop, I usually work in 250 Mpx resolution for printing my work at very large sizes. I started to paint in 1987 with Deluxe Paint, obviously pixel to pixel with 16 colors.

Later I started to work in 3D computer graphics, as a lighting artist in one animation film, later I was in the Art Department in another animation film. I have learned a lot about digital images, but now I'm "retired" and only do digital painting of the works I want to do as a painter.

I love pixel art, as I started very soon with computer graphics, and now I want to do some pixel art. I feel comfortable in the forum.

Thanks!

Offline Kehlzun

• View Profile

Reply #542 on: April 25, 2019, 10:16:04 pm
Hi, I'm Kehlzun. I'm a fairly new pixel artist who wants to get involved in projects and hopefully start a career with pixel art. I like cartoon-y, fantasy things. I also like to mix cute and creepy. I'm always willing to meet people so feel free to say hi.

Offline cyberwizard

• View Profile

Reply #543 on: May 07, 2019, 02:35:37 am
Hi, new here. Looking to learn more about pixel art.

Offline Necrosquelch

• View Profile

Reply #544 on: May 26, 2019, 12:11:32 am
Yo. The name's Necrosquelch. I'm a really tall internet gremlin who gets paid to draw sometimes and I'm dipping my toes back into the pixel art pool. Looking to improve so I can eventually start animating my own fighting game.

Offline CoolMm

• View Profile

Reply #545 on: May 28, 2019, 06:03:18 am
Hi! My username may be CoolMm, but call me Mon!

I've been interested of making some pixel art as of lately, and I'm hopefully willing to gain experience for making pixel art at a certain pace.

Offline daramon

• View Profile

Reply #546 on: May 31, 2019, 04:30:48 pm
Hi! I've recently taken up game development as a hobby. My day job is programming and I've been a bedroom music producer for years, so (apart from storytelling, level design, etc.) the other core skill I need to make this happen is art.

Pixel art is so nostalgic for me, it takes me straight back to my childhood days of Spectrums, Amigas and the like. It's also a lot more accessible than hand-drawn or 3D art. I already feel like I'm making progress, which is a great motivator.

I'm looking forward to sharing and learning...

Oh yes, as I'm not immortal (or indeed visually talented) I'll be looking for help with my projects from accomplished pixel artists like yourselves. :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:44:31 pm by daramon »

Offline Dogwatch

• @Z_dogwatch
    • View Profile

Reply #547 on: June 01, 2019, 04:06:23 am
Hey Guys,

Dogwatch here. (I went with the name because I tend to work overnights and love my doggers). I've been developing an increasing interest in pixel art and am moving towards a career in game development. A friend recommended this site so here I am.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all.

Offline Niarthgin

• View Profile

Reply #548 on: June 04, 2019, 01:52:27 pm
Hi there! My name is Niarthgin, I'm 29 years old and from The Netherlands. I really want to get into Pixelart and this community looks really nice. I'm a super beginner and hoping to increase my skills using the combined experience of the community. My hobbies are playing games, spending time with my wife and daughter and occasionally, watching a movie.

Nice to meet you all!

Kind regards,
Niarthgin

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #549 on: June 05, 2019, 10:08:17 am
Welcome all and welcome devs ;)

It's slow and is probably not picking up anytime soon, but what critique is left is pretty useful. Hope you find it useful too.