AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364546 times)

Offline Lightshaft

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #500 on: August 16, 2016, 01:07:55 pm
Hi, nice to meet you all.

My name is Lightshaft, but you may shorten it to Lite if you want to. I'm 16 years old.
I love oldschool games. I also dream of developing my own titles.

Offline Arkenova

• Queen of Shenanigans
    • arkenova89
    • omegaearthzx
    • Arkenova
    • arkenova
    • View Profile

Reply #501 on: August 24, 2016, 05:14:55 pm
Hello all. My name is Arkenova (aka Arke), I'm 26 years old and as you all may notice, I'm the lead to an 16-32ish bit indie game project that has been running 3 years strong (despite of the 2nd year being the massive revamp process to lean it away from Freedom Planet's concept and sorta mold it into it's own thing), it's called DragonBlossom, which is essentially a mashup of the oldschool games and the hidden gems (well, since I DO love Klonoa, the Ape Escape series and such). I started pixelart around 2008 and 2010 but I didn't get serious until 2013 onwards and now, even though I'm still learning, I look forward with confidence.

As a kiddo in the 90s, I loved the 8, 16 and 32 bit games, with the most notable being Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic 2 was fun but I loved 3 & Knuckles!), Super Mario Bros. (the 3rd/World games were awesome) and even the Donkey Kong Country games (I love DKC2 to bits though the original and the 3rd game were fun as well).

Well, anyways, I came around here to make friendships with others and try to improve on my pixelart experiences as an individual, all in the meanwhile, as I continue with development for my passion project of an indie game.

Speak to you guys soon!~  ;D
~ Lead, Concept Art (Characters), Pixelart (Not General), Writer: DragonBlossom (3+ yrs.) ~

Offline Codimal

• View Profile

Reply #502 on: August 25, 2016, 08:34:48 pm
Hey everyone! I'm Phil.
I'm mainly a programmer but I do love pixel art. I'm fairly new to it all, but I dream that one day I will be able to make a good looking game all by myself! This forum looks great by the way

Offline DigitalYerf

• Acrylic pixel painter
    • View Profile

Reply #503 on: September 02, 2016, 02:51:29 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm a paper-pixel artist and a budding screen-pixel artist. I've completed a couple of fairly large pixellated acrylic-on-paper paintings (I don't think it would be technically correct to call them "pixel art") so I'll be posting pictures of those soon.

I've tried my hand at pixel art (trying to imitate the flying Bowser sprite from Super Mario World) and, yup, trickier than it looks. One day I'd like to create either a point-and-click adventure game or an action game (genre to be determined).

Aesthetics/influences/interests: SNES, computer graphics programming.

DY

riscos4life

Offline Ponshu

• View Profile

Reply #504 on: September 05, 2016, 03:40:17 am
Hey my name is Ponshu and I am a complete beginner to pixel art.I have already made one post concerning some issues I had with my work and I look forward to getting sharing my works here and trying to gets some tips.

Offline C5

• View Profile

Reply #505 on: September 29, 2016, 03:40:28 am
Hi ya'll!
I'm just a rookie in here :3c
Why can't skeletons play church music?
...Because they have no organs!

Offline Ozego

• View Profile

Reply #506 on: October 11, 2016, 08:03:00 am
Heya! I'm new!
I'm Esben from Denmark, currently living in Bangkok.
I'm the art-director of Playlab #dayjob, I've been in the game industry 4 years. Before I worked with games I was in the animation industry, I was a layout artist at Cartoon Network and I Art Directed the short The Backwater Gospel. I have some oooold non-pixel art at esbensportfolio.blogspot.com .
I also make music.

Stuff I like includes: Computers, Games, Anime, Girls, Ganja, Renoise, Bass and Dub Music

I'm currently working on a small music video in demo/pixelart format as a personal freetime project... Gonna show that in another thread soon.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #507 on: October 11, 2016, 10:15:03 am
Hey Ozego, just wanted to say I loved The Backwater Gospel :D

Can't wait to see what you're working on, enjoy your stay :y:

Offline Ozego

• View Profile

Reply #508 on: October 12, 2016, 07:49:50 am
Thank you 32! Glad you liked it, it was a crazy project.

Offline Kwisarts

• Kwisartz
    • View Profile

Reply #509 on: November 22, 2016, 10:48:36 am
Hello there! I am Kwis.  :)

Not much (interesting) to say, except I am an artist who has always been interested in pixel art, but only recently got into it. I also make digital art and I am looking for game development. (I am already the artist of a smartphone game, but no pixel art in there)
I have lots of projects and intend to create games myself! But I am not as experienced in game making as I am in art so... oh well. :D

Nice to meet you! (and when I say you, I mean whoever reads this, cause I doubt anyone would notice, heh)