AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364615 times)

Offline nessx007

• medleystudio
    • medleystudio
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #490 on: July 08, 2016, 01:14:01 am
Hi, I'm CyanPrime - An indie dev, and now I'm also a amateur artist.

I've been programming and making games for 10 years.

I just started taking drawing extremely seriously about 6 months ago.

I hope we can be friends here.

Welcome! Cool to see someone coming in with a seasoned background in the field. I'm sure you'll find everyone here very helpful and pleasant to interact with (as a somewhat recent pixel artist myself, that's been my experience). Be sure to share some of your stuff, old and new!
Hope this little blurb finds you well! We've got a fun little series documenting our progress on our SNES puzzle throwback game here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NomLd6Wcbro
Or check out our game art on tumblr:
http://medleystudio.tumblr.com

Offline LobaMattos

• View Profile

Reply #491 on: July 08, 2016, 01:16:30 am
hallo~

name's Mattos, and i'm kinda new to the scene - started doing a gamdev course which had me spriting, and i discovered i just love doing it~

complete beginner, eager apprentice, here's hoping for a neat experience here!

avidanimefan

Reply #492 on: July 23, 2016, 12:10:01 am
Hi,
I'm Avid. My focus is to make indie games(5 years strong), I generally focus on action adventure titles but I have a wide variety of interests.  I mainly program/concept games(as a service on a few websites) and things of that nature.

I am interested in meeting other indies, networking, and if possible meeting new partners for endeavors current and future.

I have a Pinterest page where I stockpile interesting images of all types of indie games.

https://www.pinterest.com/AvidAnimeFan/interesting-indie-games/

Offline ttk

• View Profile

Reply #493 on: July 27, 2016, 05:43:37 pm
Howdy there folks!

I've been designing and programming games in some capacity for going on 16 years now, at large studios and startups, and I'm looking to do something of my own.  My main problem is my art skills are firmly in the "programmer art" category.

I'm hoping I can learn a lot from everyone here and hopefully work with some of you.  I've been playing with some pixel art for a while but making palettes is making my head spin!  Anyway, I'll keep at it.  Glad to be here!

Offline Quady14

• With A Buzz In Our Ears, We Play Endlessly
    • @Quady14
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/106644.htm
    • quadraxis14
    • quady14
    • View Profile
    • Eldritch Artbominations

Reply #494 on: July 31, 2016, 09:24:52 am
Hey guys, I'm not a new member, but more a long-gone returning one so I wanted to come back with a proper hello! Back in 2013 I made a few (very few) posts here then went completely dark; I was focusing on school and though I didn't lose interest in pixel art I felt my skills weren't up to par, maybe a little intimidated by how incredibly others' work was, comparing quality of work is a mistake I know it but at the time it made me apprehensive to post and I needed some time to sort myself out.

Case in point, here's my old 2013 self's art:

Messy! I definitely had a lot to learn, I still do for the most part but I've been dabbling in everything from painting to sketching and trying to learn to see things better, understand light and shadow a little more and at least try for more natural anatomy.

Now I've come back to pixel art a bit more since earlier this month and I'm taking some different approaches; less animation, larger pieces, more focus on making a single frame look good before running off to try and bring it into motion immediately. Animation is a whole can of worms I need to prepare for before I try tackling it again.

Made this past July:

Still a long way to go but I feel a little more confident that I'm looking at things more naturally and my workflow and perspective on this stuff has improved over time. I've been posting elsewhere but don't feel I'm getting the feedback I really need, and remembering back to this community I thought it would be good for me to grow as an artist to come back here and give it another go! Maybe this stuff is just a hobby for now, maybe it'll develop into something more, but I look forward to hopefully connecting with you guys more in the coming months!

So, properly reintroduced, I'll catch you guys around. ;)
"Diabetes is a super power, right?" "Yeah."

Offline findnerd

• View Profile

Reply #495 on: August 05, 2016, 07:28:57 am
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I am here to learn more and solve my problems. I am very happy to join this forum. Hope for the cooperation for everyone's side.

Thankyou
Rinki

Offline MatrixGfx

• View Profile

Reply #496 on: August 05, 2016, 05:53:00 pm
Hello, I'm not really a pixel-artist though I have created a few sprites/animations. I'm developing a 2D pixel game and I am looking for various sprites/tiles etc. I got most of my resources from opengameart so far but their resources are very limited. Now I found this website and I noticed there are many talented artists here. I have read the FAQ and Rules but couldn't find any information about usage of the art posted in this forum. Am I allowed to to use art posted here by other people if I credit them? Or should I contact each person individually and ask for permission? Or is it forbidden to use any kind of art from this forum? Thanks :)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #497 on: August 05, 2016, 06:54:41 pm
@MatrixGfx:

Welcome to Pixelation!  :)

This is a community site for active pixel artists to socialize,  share art, get critique, collaborate and find paid or unpaid work.
You need to get permission or do business with the artists here to use their pixels.

Thanks for asking.
Enjoy your stay!
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline karma12gaming

• Artist & Gamer
    • Karma12Gaming
    • karma12gaming
    • karma12sketch
    • karma12gaming
    • View Profile
    • I paint, draw, play games live on Twitch.

Reply #498 on: August 11, 2016, 09:19:43 am
Hi. I'm an artist / gamer hoping to improve my pixel art skills. My goal is to take some of the characters I have drawn 2D concepts for and render sprite sheets for them. Sound cool? So far I don't have any real coding knowledge but i occasionally tinker with Game Maker Studio. I'm really interested in making assets for games but I need to work on my palettes, dithering and a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully you guys can help. Nice to meet you. ;)
Do you feel it, Zach? My coffee warned me about it...

Offline capt_eatbones

• View Profile

Reply #499 on: August 15, 2016, 10:01:33 am
Hi there, capt_eatbones here  :)

First of all, nice to meet you. My real name's Michele Bedendo and this my really first post in a pixel art community.
I'm a 3D artist with several years of experience in the industry. You can have a look at what I did and do here.
I'm a huge fan of the 8-16 bits era and I'm literally humbled of what today pixel artists are able to produce. For this reason, I'm here to learn how to pixel art. I want to test myself and see if I have the will and skills to be considered a pixel artist (and perhaps in the future work as one).

My nickname states that I'm a Captain but here I really am no more than a cabin boy. So, let's have some grog together from now on  ;D

Cheers.