AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 279780 times)

Offline AstroFX

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #430 on: November 17, 2015, 06:31:42 am
Hi, My name is Hunter or Astro (My Online Alias) and I am a very new pixel artist, i just started learning a few days ago. Personally i am a loner, i hang out with my friends at school and stuff but i feel kinda left out most of the time, that's why i am usually at my room playing games and talking to my online friends because we all have the same interest.... games. And since i love video games and i always wanted to understand how a game is made and make my own i decided what better time then now (a few days ago) so i starting learning and i realized that i should learn some pixel art because I would like to make retro lookin platformers, and that's why i am here, to post my work for critique and to check out other peoples to learn. Anyways that really it for my introduction, see y'all around!  ;D

Offline alanxoc3

• Adults die young.
    • View Profile

Reply #431 on: November 22, 2015, 05:46:29 am
Yo, I'm Alan

I love pixel art, been trying to get better.

I have a little website that has some of the random stuff I have created, (along with a couple things my brother has created). http://awesometures.blogspot.com. What else... I am attending college right now, I'm a proud Mormon, and an avid open source/Linux advocate.

Offline gomi

• View Profile

Reply #432 on: December 10, 2015, 01:40:01 pm
Hey guys, I'm not exactly new, but I haven't been around in quite a while. I first joined the Pixelation forums back in 2004 or so, strictly for a fun hobby, then left to work for Sulake (Habbo Hotel) a couple years later. Left Sulake after a few years to work more on toy design. Lately I've been jonesing for some old school pixels, with an eye toward applying that style of art toward mosaics. Anyway, hi howdy and all that shiz. Looking forward to shaking off the rust with you guys.

I think I'll probably be working with Pixaki on an ipad, seems like a pretty nifty little app.

Offline RaveGrave

• View Profile

Reply #433 on: December 14, 2015, 06:01:12 am
Hello everybody!! I am RaveGrave, and I have just recently gotten into pixel art. Normally I traditionally draw but currently I am working on a webcomic the uses pixel art. I was. Honestly I just so happened to stumble upon this forum and couldn't help but join in on the fun and see what I could do to get my skills looked at.

Offline 128K

• ian128K
    • View Profile

Reply #434 on: December 27, 2015, 09:46:10 am
Hello! My name is Ian, and I'm pretty new to making pixel art, though I've been a fan since childhood. I'm working on a Star Trek pixel art webcomic, and definitely could use some advice—which is why I'm here!

Offline washk

• View Profile

Reply #435 on: January 24, 2016, 02:50:36 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm not very keen on revealing myself, but in a nutshell, I'm about 30. I always thought about making a video game. I'm a "web developer" in the industry. I thought the birth of my son would be the best time to start making a video game and learn pixel art. So I did, mostly at night  :)

Started pixel art with my game, getting better at it, but the road is long and endless.

Have been lurking here for a long while, I took many indirect advises from responses here. Now it's time to participate.
My twitter @pixelwashk | Devlog

Offline Mr_Hk_

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/48005.htm
    • mrhk
    • heyMonsieurHk
    • View Profile
    • MisterHk

Reply #436 on: January 26, 2016, 08:44:36 pm
Hey Pixelation,

Nice to meet you =)
I should confess that I've been stalking you for year now and feel like it would be more polite to finally introduce my self.
I'm _Hk_ or Alexis as my mum call me (but she's not really into pixel stuff).
I'm a 33 French visual/game/cooking dev : I've been doing 30 or so games during those 10 past years and I'm a pixel addict since I've felt in love with my amiga 500.

I follow the pixel bushido and I hope i'll learn new kata around this holy land.

Best regards
Mr _Hk_

Offline Seefour

• View Profile

Reply #437 on: February 09, 2016, 12:54:32 am
I've been here for a little bit, but just noticed this section of the forum, and this thread.

It's nice to see a place devoted to pixel art :)

I am a intermediate programmer, music producer, and a fledgling artist, hoping to produce my own games in the near future.

Offline Eggy

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/41268.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #438 on: February 24, 2016, 10:53:31 am
Hello peeps!  :)
I am Eggy, and I'm fascinated in pixel art and I do pixel art of my own (even though I'm not a very active artist at this moment but I'm trying to get back into it). I come from Pixeljoint; I've been there for a while, and I might as well hang out here during my free time as well!

Offline Link

• View Profile

Reply #439 on: February 24, 2016, 08:28:05 pm
Hello everyone,

I have been interested in pixel art for quite some time. I've tried learning before but never dedicated much time to it, now I want to try again.  I have nothing to show for now, just trying to get familiar with the program Grafx2 but soon I'll post my attempts.