AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364748 times)

Offline TheEpicBurrito

• Pixel hobbyist
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #420 on: January 15, 2015, 08:07:24 pm
I joined back in mid/late November and participated in the Secret Santa but I forgot to introduce myself here.

I am not really a hardcore pixel artist, I just do it because it's fun to make certain things and because I really like seeing all the awesome things y'all make. I especially liked working on the scarab I made as the Santa for Satsume. I also enjoy playing MechWarrior Online and other games with friends.

Offline stachada

• View Profile

Reply #421 on: January 17, 2015, 08:40:33 pm
oh woops... I guess there's an intro page over here.

I just joined.... should I delete the intro thing I posted? can I even delete it, or is that a mod thing? oh geez. ._.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:01:50 am by PixelPiledriver »

Offline Ransom.00

• View Profile
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/11690.htm

Reply #422 on: January 29, 2015, 04:00:07 am
Hi! :)

My name is Alexander. I love pixel art, isometric pixel art, especially when setting is something like post-apocalyptic, cyberpunk or fantasy. I love to play games from my early childhood.
I work as an 2d artist in gamedev many years. I made graphics for many of flash, browser MMO and mobile games, more than half of them are made in pixel art.

Offline doomiest

• View Profile

Reply #423 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:17 pm
Hello,

My name is Erico, I did hobby games illustration when I was very young, and also made some games when I was very young on Klik & Play, and later between 14 and 17 (IIRC) using RPG Maker and RM2k, and participated in some small game making forums at the time, mainly contributing with pixel art - from game UIs to charas, tiles and such. I finished highschool, got my engineer diploma and started to work on completely unrelated field. Some years ago, I participated with some friends in a Global Game Jam, some of them which I had made games together on RM2k before, but now we did a 48h 2d Unity game. That experience was something that I could not forget, and recently my gf motivated me to do a game again, in my free time,  and finish it. So that's what I'm doing, and when deciding the art form, I couldn't think of anything other than pixel art - I did low poly in wings3d for a small game years ago, but pixel brings my childhood back. I'm 27yo. I, found this forum linked in a site I found through Google - I can't remember the website. Hello!

Offline SamTaylor

• View Profile

Reply #424 on: February 01, 2015, 02:03:41 am
Greetings

Hopefully I'm not too out of place. I'm a programmer and not an artist.  I was interested in art when I was younger, but didn't have the patience to become better at it.  I was always more interested in math subjects.

I've played video games for nearly 30 years and I appreciate the skill of the artists involved in them. I found this site from Pixel Prospector.  I had a primary project fall through and I decided to accelerate my side project.

I'm looking to build contacts with people that are interested in creating art for video games. I know I could just post in the Job offers section, but I thought it would be rude to not say hello.  I'm looking for longer term friendships and not just contract work.

I've been very introverted most of my life, so please forgive me if I come off as a little awkward. I decided I needed to be more social and look for more friendships to be able to achieve what I want.

Offline Alícia F. R.

• alforiumstudios
    • View Profile
    • Alfórium Studios

Reply #425 on: February 13, 2015, 10:07:34 am
Hello, everyone!

Name's Alícia. I'm from Catalonia and currently working on the graphics for a 8-bit GBC-style ARPG game.

I've been visiting this forum for a while, reading the discussions and critiques, and I thought that it would be a good idea to register so I could post some of the things I'm doing and get some feedback in order to improve them.

The place is great, by the way — it makes me happy to see that good old-fashioned forum boards do, in fact, still exist. Most of the ones I used to visit have either gone a little crazy or are almost dead, but this place is clean and professional and to-the-point and doesn't seem to have changed that much in the last decade, which I appreciate. There's a lot of talent here and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot.

Nice to meet you all! My regards,

A.

Offline Alex Sinigaglia

• aka G.o.D.
    • god-of-death-alex
    • View Profile

Reply #426 on: February 13, 2015, 12:39:41 pm
Welcome!  ;D

Offline Bloodocean7

• View Profile
    • Driftworld Studios

Reply #427 on: February 14, 2015, 07:59:48 am
Hello! My name is Greg and I am the lead developer of the Game Immortal Dream!
www.ImmortalDreamGame.com

I am the founder of Hat and Glasses Studios, I am 21 and I am NOT an artist! lol I am looking forward to working with you folks
and perhaps kicking a few bucks here and there for an icon or two. Email me to see what projects I currently need work for.

I always pay and I am not too picky either :)

Email:Gregorym29@gmail.com

See ya around!
Greg.

Offline Glitcherkid

• View Profile

Reply #428 on: March 27, 2015, 05:14:03 pm
Hey everyone!

I just recently found this forum and thought it was a great idea! I've been doing pixel art for a while, mostly just for fun, and I hope to become better! I personally am better with smaller pieces of pixel art, but every once in a while I'll do a larger piece for fun!

I'm looking forward to using this forum to help me improve, and also to possibly start a career in pixel art / graphic design as I get older!  :)

Offline Flappy

• View Profile

Reply #429 on: April 05, 2015, 01:00:02 am
Hi everyone. Nice to meet you all.

The name's Flappy. I posted my first forum post ever last night on this forum, went to sleep, woke up and became vaguely terrified when I remembered I posted my first forum post ever. I considered simply never, ever coming back, but that seemed like overkill. Basically I learnt it's possible to be shy in real life and even more shy on the internet.

Anyhow I'm not sure how active I'll be but I am looking forward to contributing even a tiny bit instead of just lurking forever.