AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364756 times)

Offline GuitareLove

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #390 on: January 05, 2014, 04:04:23 pm
Hello pixel art community,

I'm GuitareLove from Québec and I just want learn how to make pixel art / sprite for small amateur game. Sorry for my english because in Québec, we speak french.

I work has a web developper but I learn how to use gamemaker studio in my free time. I also make (try) pixel art because i'm not good in art but pixel art seem the only thing I can draw correctly (but not sure).

Offline TheEgyptian

• View Profile
    • The Official Sobeq-Ra Fan Site

Reply #391 on: January 06, 2014, 04:41:11 pm
Hello, I'm TheEgyptian. I am trying to create an 8/16-bit style indie Zelda-type adventure game set in Egypt using a an actual Egyptian indie pro-wrestler as the main character. As you probably guessed, the game is set in Ancient Egypt but there is a sci-fi aspect to the storyline so there will be plenty of hybrid (half-human/half-animal) enemies, ancient aliens, etc.

I found this site while researching pixel art. As a child, I used to do pixel art for simple video games on an Apple//e and Commodore 64 where you had to actually plot each pixel, use binary to draw shape tables, each color only worked on odd or even columns, etc, to get your actors and what not.

I am looking forward to learning from master pixel artists and hopefully getting feedback on my actors, animations, tilesets, etc, while offering any insights I have that will help constructively.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this community. :y:
Graphic designer / web administrator for EgyptiansRule.com

Offline felicitousArtisan

• Distracted by shiny
    • View Profile
    • my art site

Reply #392 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:52 pm
Hi guys, thought I may as well make an account since I regularly trawl these forums for ideas and inspiration to improve my pixel art!

I'm felicitousArtisan, sometimes known as Darth Mongoose, but just Kate is fine. I'm an indie games dev making largely visual assets for Project BC but I have an MA in Games Design too, so I do things like 3D and mechanic design as well when the situation calls for it.

I've been interested in pixel art for years and dabbled a little, usually modifying existing bits for RPG maker games, but only seriously started trying to learn and make things from scratch recently. I'm amazed by the depth of what on the surface seems like such a simple style! I came across these forums when trying to learn everything I could about pixel art palette construction. I'm hoping to keep improving my work and maybe make a cute little side game with pixel art sometime in the future.

Nice to meet you all!  ;D

Offline Deejay

• View Profile
    • Binary Tweed

Reply #393 on: February 07, 2014, 01:24:22 pm
Hi all,

I'm Deejay, and ex-full-time indie developer who mades games under the name Binary Tweed.

I've been working on a project alongside having a full-time job as an IT Consultant and have come tot he point where I need some pretty graphics! A friend (Baccaman21) suggested that I come here to look for artists I can pay to help me out. So soon, I'll hopefully be putting a brief online and posting in the Work section :)
Binary Tweed
New games that are a bit like old games, but better

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #394 on: February 26, 2014, 09:26:11 am
Welcome, Deejay :)

Offline Alex Sinigaglia

• aka G.o.D.
    • god-of-death-alex
    • View Profile

Reply #395 on: March 09, 2014, 01:11:00 pm
I don't know where to introduce myself here, so feel free to move this topic elsewhere if this is not the correct section.

So, here I am: I'm Alex Sinigaglia (I'm known as G.o.D. in other forums, especially M.U.G.E.N. forums), I'm italian (so if someone is italian here we can talk!) but english, as a language, is not a problem (I like this language a lot!), I'm 19 years old and I'm very interested in Pixel art.

This is my DeviantArt profile: http://god-of-death-alex.deviantart.com/
Some stuff (if you don't want to check my dA):
From Dudley's SFIII 3rd Strike portrait. Credits to Capcom.
Credits to Capcom.
Credits to Bandai Namco.

I want to become better at animating stuff and in general create original stuff, so with your feedback I'll get better. :y:

I heard (read) of this forum from a guy called thanewdude07 a long time ago (he is a user here), so since then I lurked in topics to see the amazing pixel works you did, and I hope to reach your level.

Thanks for moving my post in this thread! :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:59:24 pm by Alex Sinigaglia »

Offline quervo

• View Profile

Reply #396 on: March 14, 2014, 10:27:17 pm
Saludes people
Recently read this post, I assumed that there would be some place where to introduce myself in the forum, so I look and found x)
Quervo my mote, since my human name does not sound humanly, not even in my country (Argentina), but if you are curious, is Lautaro. I am an artist from several sides, but I recently started to do pixel art, although always love it. I am dedicated to making art for video games, and traditional art for the wall. That's it, I hope I can contribute to this specialized community as I can :)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #397 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:10 pm
Welcome Alex and quervo! Enjoy the forums   :)

Offline Alex Sinigaglia

• aka G.o.D.
    • god-of-death-alex
    • View Profile

Reply #398 on: March 15, 2014, 12:17:38 am
Thanks! ;D

Offline nachoslave

• @nachoslave
    • View Profile
    • NACHOSLAVE

Reply #399 on: March 25, 2014, 04:35:43 pm
Hello, my name is NACHOSLAVE and I'm from Caracas, Venezuela. Im a graphic designer and illustrator and most recently a Pixel Art enthusiast, hope I can share some of my work with you guys, get a lot of C+C and get a lot better at this. I've been doing pixel art since December 2013, there's some of my work, hope you like it  :)