AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 224113 times)

Offline Mizuho

• New Pixel Girl
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #360 on: June 01, 2014, 04:21:13 pm
hi to all.

i've followed links and ended here. somehow this may look that here I could learn what I really want: real pixel art.

I must say that I'm somehow a real noob at this. I'm some kind of manga wannabe artist, and I wanted to dive onto pixeling.

so, here I am.

I will post some works on the specific thread.

thanks and see ya

(as you can see, english is not my primary language, be patiente, please?)

Offline Yuushia

• View Profile

Reply #361 on: June 12, 2014, 12:34:30 pm
Hi everyone !

I always did little things in pixel art, and now I have some game projects, I really need to improve myself. That's the reason I am here :) (like many others I see hehe).

I draw occasionally, japanese/manga style, pen & paper or tablet !

Thank you in advance for help this community could provide me :)

Offline LarkoftheRiver

• Hobbist Animator + Apprentice Falconer
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • ordinaryredtail
    • sarah.fonvile.9
    • View Profile

Reply #362 on: June 30, 2014, 04:17:51 pm

Um hi I'm LarkoftheRiver. Call me River, Riv, or Lark. I draw and write things, and I own a boring Tumblr blog and a Deviantart account. I also like to rp, and I have my own site for that too. I like fantasy and science fiction things, and I want to be either a biomedical engineer, computer programmer/scientist, movie editor/animator or game designer. I also like food.

My favorite show, hands down, is Star Trek. I've watched a bit of all the series, and Voyager is my favorite. I also watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Once Upon a Time, and I'm currently catching up on all the Marvel movies. My favorite book currently is Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (more people should read it) (in fact after you read this go buy the book), but I love almost all books I've read, including the Divergent series, Warriors (the first series only), Harry Potter, LotR, Hunger Games, etc. I used to read a lot of books about animals.

The most important thing to me now is marching band. I play flute, and will be the uniform master next year! I love marching more than playing, and I'm not the best player but oh well. I like to play jazz, and I do a ton of extended tech on my flute such as singing while I play and other weird things.

Um yeah that's me. Basically.

Pixel art isn't my first (or best) art style; I mainly do digital painting and such, but I want to get better at my pixels too! I look forward to being here!

Offline FuriousGamer87

• View Profile

Reply #363 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:07 am
Hi everyone,

I am FuriousGamer87, and to be frankly honest, I registered here to find a pixel artist to work with me on a my new game project.
Nonetheless, I have been developing pixel art video games without the help of an actual pixel artist for quite some time now.
It's tough going so I decided to see if I can change my game development workflow by partnering with an actual artist.

And to be honest again, I mainly drawn to pixel art due to it's one of the few art-style that can be done acceptably by people who never art before (namely, me).
That aside, feel free to crit on my works, which I may been posting in the future if the partnership didn't materialized and I have to continue on the art by myself. Just be gentle  ;)

In case you are curious, here's a link to my most recent finished work: Super Nuclear Riders - Short SRPG
And here's a link to my previous project that I recently archived, Gangster Tactics devlog:  Devlog and the indiedb page Gangster Tactics Indiedb Page

From the links, you can see how my pixel art is like.
Hope we get along!

Offline cplusplus

• View Profile

Reply #364 on: July 28, 2014, 08:32:26 pm
Hi @all,

I'm no pixel artist, at least not a good one.
My job is software developer, which I do for 10 years now. Currently I mainly create and extend apps for my companys clients in iOS, Android and Windows Phone/Store.
I found this forum while searching for artists, as I'm currently creating a 2D game with unity. It will be not a small project, I hope I can create a good kickstarter-campaign in 1-2 month, so I can create JUST games in the future.
So long!

Offline sonicspin

• no
    • View Profile

Reply #365 on: August 14, 2014, 05:44:56 am
x
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:46:24 pm by sonicspin »

Offline Hamenopi

• Oh Hai!
    • View Profile
    • Hamenopi

Reply #366 on: August 28, 2014, 04:12:04 am
Oh Hai! I'm Hamenopi.
I make games and draw arts.
I also play games and make videos.

I'm branching out into the pixel art graphic design community for inspiration, entertainment, and camaraderie.
I mainly do sprites, animations, and tile sets.
Follow me down the rabbit hole?

Offline computertrash

• knight of time
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

Reply #367 on: September 29, 2014, 02:15:26 pm
highly doubt anybody is going to read this, but anyways:
although i'm still in high school (class of 2017!), i've been interested in pixel art for a few years now. i'm really liking isometric and game dev things and i actually use rpg maker (VX Ace and XP at home, 2003 here on my netbook). i'm hoping to get better here and get more into detailed pixel art (and possibly animation).
i'm also a digital artist of sorts, kinda want to go to college to be an illustrator. i also play games, right now mainly pokemon and animal crossing.

Offline michelcote

• View Profile

Reply #368 on: September 29, 2014, 02:51:49 pm
highly doubt anybody is going to read this

People totally read this  :)
Welcome to the community!

Offline winkatawink

• im winkatawink
    • View Profile

Reply #369 on: October 05, 2014, 07:43:54 pm
Hey guys I'm winkatawink! I'm kinda a newbie when it comes to pixel art but I hope to learn stuff from you guys  :hehe:
ey what up