AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364656 times)

Offline Teka123

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #340 on: December 29, 2012, 05:37:44 pm
I thought i'de do the traditional thing and mention my name besides this being unlikely to be replied to. :)

I'm Tim, 23 from the UK, i have no real pixel art skills to speak of despite drawing in MS paint for a long time i am terrible hopefully i'll be able to get better with some critique here after i eventually have some art to show.

I'm probably at least amateur in line art, but everything else need Hell of a Lot of work so i plan to do that while i'm here :)

Offline unclechristmas

• View Profile

Reply #341 on: December 31, 2012, 01:47:49 pm
Hi guys, I've been lurking on the forum for a week or so, reading everything I can, and practicing when I get time, so thought it's about time I registered.

I've been programming (mainly C++, some python and lua) for about 3 years, but I want to get more into pixel art so I can make some games that don't look like total crap.

Cheers.  :)

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #342 on: January 02, 2013, 07:03:46 am
I am Yaomon.
Some kid in highschool looking to be an Indie Dev someday. Started with pixels, trying to get into code. Found out I did that in the wrong order (for me at least). Cannot learn code for my life.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Reply #343 on: January 06, 2013, 11:49:05 am
Hello!

I've went posting without introducing myself, so here I am, better late than never ;)

I'm Cage, I'm 22 and I come from Poland. My first creative activity I've really got into was making games (The Games Factory at first), and well, every game needs art, right? ;) This way I've discovered pixel art (which turns out, up to that point, my gfx was mostly pixel art, but I didn't have a clue it is ;)). In general, that was my first art themed activity, so it was a rough start. What was great about it then, was the small size of the sprites - with some trial and error I could get at least acceptable results which was motivating and I kept doing more. :) Soon I've discovered that progress in pixel art made my traditional drawing a bit better, and I've started drawing a bit more. However, as far as quality goes, my expectations where way beyond my ability and I quickly got disheartened - I've sidetracked into design and motion graphics but I've got back into drawing soon. Few drawing classes I've had and some artbooks changed the way I've approached it and well, since then I'm seeing progress ;) I didn't regularly practice before 2012, though. Last year I've decided that I would like to be a illustrator and/or a full-time game artist - 2013 is another year of working my arse off towards this goal ;)

While I'm not doing any pixel art at the moment, it's something that has a very warm place in my heart ;) I plan to get back into regular pixelling once I work a bit more on the general art principles though!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:50:44 am by Cage »

Offline rafal345

• View Profile

Reply #344 on: January 06, 2013, 02:41:21 pm
Hi!
My name is Rafał and I'm from Poland. I've got an about two year experience in pixelcars/mangacars, small branch of pixelart specified in creating cars in three views, but I'm completely new in classic pixelart.
I think I'm learning pretty fast, so expect something from me soon ;D

Offline AquaXranoX

• View Profile

Reply #345 on: January 07, 2013, 11:33:07 pm
Hello everyone  ;D

I'm AquaXranoX but people call me Aqua. I'm from New York. I've been pixel-arting for 8 years but I've been going in the wrong direction... Looked everywhere on deviant-art and other places to see where I go wrong and this is the first place where I saw banding, jaggies and other new terms that I've never heard of before.

I hope that I can finally learn how to pixel-art the right way because I'm always dissapointed with how i do. Hope to enjoy myself here and thank you.
[Weapon Skill level Increased!]

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #346 on: January 10, 2013, 09:45:17 am
Hello! I'm YellowLime.
I'm from Spain, more specifically the Canary Islands (remember that Simpsons episode where Burns' canary flies away? No?) but you don't have to dumb your English down for me to understand. ;) I'm currently in college, studying computer science.

My username harks back to when I was another young teenager on an RPG Maker forum, and decided to use "YellowSlime" (slime as in, the RPG enemy). Then as I grew up, I found it dumb, and in a twist of genius :crazy:, removed the S, ending up with "YellowLime". Food-related usernames are sort of a cliché, but I haven't thought up anything better yet. :P

Anyway, I went and signed up here, because there are a lot of very talented artists, others that really want to improve, a nice community in general, and the best forum emoticons I´ve ever seen. ::)
I hope to improve, and help others improve as well!  :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 12:20:12 pm by YellowLime »

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Reply #347 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:24 pm
Welcome YellowLime :) Lotsa smart critique already! you'll fit right in.

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #348 on: January 11, 2013, 03:27:09 pm
Thanks a lot!  ;D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #349 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:44 pm
And I love that avatar!