AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364570 times)

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #280 on: October 06, 2012, 12:22:15 am
Ah welcome, Chris

Sorry if I jumped down your throat earlier, glad to have you :y:.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #281 on: October 06, 2012, 03:26:12 am
Heya Chris, can we edit your forum name into something a bit shorter? It kinda breaks into the postarea and it annoys the hell out of me. And hello  :)
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline MagiMaster

• View Profile

Reply #282 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:59 pm
Hello everyone. I'm a game programmer (and designer, researcher and player) but I lack the artistic skills to make all the assets I need for my games, so I'm here to get some practice and advice.

Offline Lanarky

• View Profile

Reply #283 on: October 21, 2012, 12:50:51 am
Hello everyone! I have been reading this forum for over a year now, and I have to say that I wouldn't have the skill that I have today without all the helpful topics you've had! Even though I have been pixeling since 2004 (roughly), I hope to learn even more! Thanks!

Offline Sollers

• View Profile

Reply #284 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:19 am
Hello All,

I'm Sollers and I joined this forum so that I could learn some more about pixel art.
In the past I did a little bit of pixel art but not a great deal of it, it was mainly attempting to create pokemon sprites and sonic characters. I left that behind a while a go and got into programming in C. After getting past all the application programming and such I decided it was time for me to try my hand at game programming. It was then that I realised that the vast majority of what makes a 2D game great is its art. This realisation inspired me to get back into my old ways and attempt to learn things properly.

I look forward to talking to you all and improving on my skills, hopefully getting to at least a fraction of the skill of some of the fantastic work I've seen here already.

Sollers~

Offline MeteorBear

• View Profile

Reply #285 on: October 31, 2012, 02:09:21 am
Hello, I am fairly new to pixel art. Hope to have some stuff to share with everyone at some point. I am trying out the demo of Pro Motion right now. I like it quite a bit, though my wacom tablet pen wants to right click half the time, or gives me the loading icon for a few seconds when I hold the pen down to color something...
Anyhow, I like the boards here. I like the help I read about and everyones sprites of course, I can see I have alot to lear. Hi, and see you around.

Offline HardcoreBadger

• View Profile

Reply #286 on: November 04, 2012, 06:11:51 pm
hi i'm new, i just post here before someone ask me to present myself

i know how to draw, but in every others aspects i sux, like colouring/shading/animating but this forum is not about ripping mario sprites and it caught my attention :)

Offline Britton0014

• View Profile

Reply #287 on: November 06, 2012, 12:49:06 am
Hello, I'm Britton!
I don't have a whole lot of experience with pixel art, but I've done a little. I've worked on a couple of projects, one abandoned one on some sort of hiatus for an unknown period of time. I did some tile work and a few sprites, and I had a really good time doing it. I came here because pixel art is just all sorts of fun and this looks like a good community to help with people's projects and just have some fun! :)

Offline WorldWithoutWords

• 16-Bit Boss
    • View Profile

Reply #288 on: November 12, 2012, 12:39:40 am
Hi I'm a 23 year artist and game dev. Got into pixel art last year coming from a concept art background. Hope to have some fun, learn a bunch and talk to people with similar interests. If you've got a DA account let's be friends too : ).

Offline wishie

• View Profile
    • Deviantart

Reply #289 on: November 19, 2012, 06:03:59 am
Hello  :)
I'm Wishie, others may know me as wish04. I was introduced to pixel art 9 years ago by looking at and making pixel dolls, so I do have a bit of a dolling background to me. I do hope to try out new things with my pixels, maybe more background stuff. We'll see how that goes.

Nice to meet you all! ;D