AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364627 times)

Offline dugan

• View Profile
    • Tikipod

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #260 on: January 17, 2012, 12:20:51 pm
Hi,
I'm a 2d and 3d artist. I have been doing pixel art ever since I had Dpaint on an Amiga 500 and slowly getting better at it over the years :)
Am a huge fan of games like Turrican, R-type, The Chaos Engine etc from that era. I miss the old arcades of the late 80s :(

Most recently I worked on the game Stealth Bastard for Curve studios:

Here is a shot from Rockboshers game which I made a few years back:

And AquaKitty is a game I am currently working on:
(controls panel)

Offline MattB

• View Profile

Reply #261 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:22 am
Hi all. My name's Matt. I've been working with AS3 and Flixel now for about 2-3 years and have started (but not finished) several games, where I've been doing all my own coding, music, sound and (most importantly here, I'm sure) pixel art. I have a penchant for side-scrollers and rogue-likes, especially from the SNES & Genesis Era.

Here's the best example of what I do, probably:
http://myrobotisfight.com/ (currently in development hell).

Offline malec2b

• View Profile

Reply #262 on: February 10, 2012, 10:42:37 pm
Hey, I'm Alec, and I'm an indie game developer.  I joined here to work on improving my pixel art.

I made a bunch of games that are on my site as well as some that aren't.

Offline demago

• View Profile

Reply #263 on: February 19, 2012, 04:40:58 pm
Hi!

I'm pretty new to drawing on the computer, so I came here to learn what I can, and build a portfolio to help me start out as a pixel artist.
I'm hoping my self thought drawing skills will translate in a good way to pixels, though I can see already I'll have some trouble with colors. I've been lurking here for about a month while reading the tutorials and learning color theory...there's so much to learn!

Offline Ellian

• View Profile
    • This is Ellian

Reply #264 on: March 02, 2012, 03:36:45 pm
Hi!

Long time lurker, been doing pixel art for... Eeep, more than 15 years now ? I feel old.
I've never been doing it seriously, but I'm trying my best recently.

You can find me on PJ, Deviantart or tumblr.

I'm probably not going to post regularly, but if I can help, I'll try! And hopefully I'll get to learn alot. :)

Offline Peltast

• @PeltastDesign
    • View Profile

Reply #265 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:06 pm
Hey guys,

As with a lot of others I've been a long-time lurker here; I've found that just looking at and absorbing a lot of the critiques has helped me a bit over time.  Of course without actually putting my stuff up for critique I can't get very far, so I decided it was long past time I join up.

I'm currently finishing my college degree, but in all the spare time I can scrounge up, I like to work on games of mine in Actionscript/C#.  Of course, those games need art, and I wouldn't really call myself an artist per se...:huh:

Grateful for any help I can get.  Maybe eventually I'll be able to help with critique, but I don't think I'm there yet.

Offline jixxer

• View Profile

Reply #266 on: March 12, 2012, 05:53:34 pm
Hi all,

My name is Kyle, I have worked in the game industry for about 6 years now. I've always loved pixel art, and im here just to look around and get inspiration.  I may not post much but figured i'd at least introduce myself.

Offline airigh

• Dame of Space
    • View Profile

Reply #267 on: March 15, 2012, 08:09:39 am
Hey. I'm usually called Airigh, and I am an aspiring artist. My main work is in pixels, mostly because it's what I'm best at. I am not a professional yet, either, but I aspire to learn much here.

I'm currently working on a fan-game in delicious, pixeled 2-d. Currently it's in the graphics/get someone to buy RPGmaker for me phase, and obviously a very young project! So much so that I don't even usually say what it's about (and omit sprites due to spoilers). I hope I can make some friends and improvements here! c:

Offline artisticdude

• The Pixel Cometh!
    • View Profile

Reply #268 on: March 15, 2012, 03:04:24 pm
Hi there!

I'm not technically new to Pixelation, but other than registering an account way back when, I've never done anything here but lurk. I'm hoping to become more active from here on out, however, so I though I'd introduce myself.

I've been playing with pixels off-and-on for about three years now. I was introduced to pixel art when I joined the Battle for Wesnoth project back in 2009. I immediately took an interest in the pixel-art sprites the game uses, and I decided I wanted to learn how to draw and animate them. Three years later I've gotten significantly better at pixel art (I've even managed to contribute some of my work to the mainline Wesnoth project), but I still have a very, very long way to go. :)

I've been registered on Pixel Joint (known there as Kravvon Nar'roth) for a year or two, and my time there has served to broaden my horizons beyond the scope of just sprites, although that is still my favorite subject and probably always will be.

So, yeah. I think I can promise you'll be seeing more of me around here in future. Whether that is a positive or negative prospect, only time will tell. :P
"Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle" -Michelangelo

Offline SemperGumbee

• View Profile

Reply #269 on: March 26, 2012, 07:15:10 pm
Hello all! I am an Android developer and I feel that there are not enough retro games (that are good) in the Android Market. Therefore, I want some inspiration from you guys :)

I am definitely not a good artist although I have taken art in high school. I want to make awesome retro games and I want help!

Anyways, nice to be here :)