AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364577 times)

Offline Cobra

• View Profile
    • CobraBlade.NET

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #190 on: December 05, 2010, 01:45:56 am
Hello one and all,
my name is Cobra and I am a indie game developer.

While I used to love playing around with Saracen Paint on the C64 I am no pixel artist. I do however truly admire pixel art much like SID music so really enjoy what I have seen here.

Offline Geti

• View Profile

Reply #191 on: December 06, 2010, 05:11:11 am
Hey, I'm Max Cahill, known everywhere I go on the internet under the alias "Geti".
Some of you might know me from around the internet but regardless, I was born 15th January 1993, I've just finished school and I've done a mixture of traditional and digital art. I'm looking to get more into pixelling over the next while mostly for the production of games, but also just to extend my artistic ability.
I really admire what you guys have been doing here, I've been lurking for a while. I look forward to having my work ripped apart by you soon ;)

Offline Lashloch

• the brain is made of fire
    • View Profile

Reply #192 on: January 01, 2011, 10:53:35 pm
Hello, I am Lashloch.

I've always had a love for pixel art, even when I didn't know what to call it. I mucked around on MS Paint as a kid for fun, drawing spaceships and stickmen. (Not much has changed!) Now, as a junior in high school, I still love Paint and pixel art. Recently, I've taken an interest in building up my knowledge of techniques and getting better as an artist. I hope this place will help me grow and improve!  ;D

I'll post some of my old work later on; I'm truthfully still quite fond of some of the things I made years ago.

Offline Celurean

• View Profile

Reply #193 on: January 02, 2011, 08:16:16 pm
Hello!  I'm Celurean, and I've been working with pixel art for about a year.  I've joined to see what some of the pixel art communities are like, so hopefully I can expand on what I already know.

Offline Knight-Pixel

• View Profile
    • Knight Pixel

Reply #194 on: January 03, 2011, 11:38:19 am
Hello,

My name is Richard, I'm 21, I'm currently studying Graphic Design at uni, and I pixel in my spare time. I started pixelling in the pixel car movement, and have been pixelling odd things here and there since then. I think the pixel work I'm most proud of is the still life stuff, like the Polycarbonate Macbook:
And the iPhone 4:

I also enjoy pixelling cars, although unlike the cars I used to do I've switched to Isometric style, which I feel is more dynamic than a front, side and rear.

Lotus Esprit Turbo

As a Mac user I currently use Photoshop CS3 in pencil mode, it's fiddly in places but the layers come in handy for keeping versions if I have to back up a few steps.

You can see more of my work over at http://www.knightpixel.tumblr.com.

I'm currently busy with uni work, but I hope to be adding some work in progress pieces very soon!
AKA. DorifutoRabbit, RKSavage

Offline Uhfgood

• View Profile

Reply #195 on: January 14, 2011, 11:16:19 pm
Hello my name is Keith.  35 years old.  I'm an indie game developer.  I wanted to create a retro agi-styled adventure game, and as such am having to do my own pixel work with 160x200 (double wide pixels) and 16 colors.  I've sort of lurked around for years whenever I was looking up some tutorials on some art stuff.  Since I'll need to ask for C+C -- I decided to join the board.  I don't really have any plans on doing pixel art forever, although I like looking at it, I'm mostly doing it dictated by my needs.

Thanks,
Keith aka Uhfgood

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #196 on: January 20, 2011, 11:40:47 am
welcome all and hey uhfgood. I'm wondering, why your handle sounds so familiar.Maybe from eatpoo back in the day?

Enjoy your stay, do come again  :-*

Offline Nmb910

• Game Developer
    • View Profile
    • Enemby

Reply #197 on: January 21, 2011, 05:05:22 am
Hello.  I am known as Nmb910.  I have been doing pixel art for about a year now.  I haven't gotten much better.  :P

I usually do 32x32 tiles, and have made a pretty large amount of tiles so far.

I should probably post some art,

So, here is my most recent tile.

Offline Martyr

• View Profile

Reply #198 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:08 am
'Sup pals, another FNG. I'm not a hardcore sprite artist, but have some experience on pretty much every aspect of graphic design, a Jack of all trades if you wish. I'm currently trying to pull off another project since my last one somewhat sunk into oblivion (NES de-make with incredibly over-complicated AI designs and too high ambitions graphically). So yeah.

Very early screenshot of my previous project

Offline Cybernetic

• View Profile

Reply #199 on: January 28, 2011, 05:12:31 pm
hi im cybernetic and i have a LOT to learn.