AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364572 times)

Offline deadlock

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #130 on: March 16, 2010, 06:28:51 pm
Hi I'm Deadlock (2nd nick name, my first is BoNuS but that was already taken :( )

I'm a partly GFX man and mostly programmer. Did a lot of 16 color work on the Atari's in the 80 / 90 and also
managed a disk magazine (very populair at that time). Really like(d) to pixel a lot using Degas Elite on the Atari ST.
And still do because I'm making a game on it :) This project has been down for many years now but retro is hot
and I would like to finish my game after al these years...

But GFX wish I could use some help because I have nice idea's for it, but can't seem to get it on screen as I
would like it. So found this site and hope you can help me with it in my (still to open) topic...

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #131 on: March 16, 2010, 08:50:25 pm
Wow, deadlock, that sounds great! <3 Do start that topic, dude, we'll help the shit out of you.

Welcome!
' _ '

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #132 on: March 16, 2010, 11:12:41 pm
Wow, deadlock, that sounds great! <3 Do start that topic, dude, we'll help the shit out of you.

Welcome!
'Pixelation: artists and laxatives'

Offline LordZorinthrox

• View Profile

Reply #133 on: March 18, 2010, 02:13:30 pm
Well, this is certainly a better solution than just having a whole sub-forum for introductions.

Anyway, I'm LZ.  I am the only person on the Internet with that name, save some jerkoff who got the Yahoo account back 5 years ago or so.  Wherever you see that name, it is me.

While I never got to experience all the classic stuff, I've played and still play many classics of pixel art.  Day of the Tentacle, Jedi Knight (though that has a full 256 color palette), my NES, and a large collection of no-names that I got in demo packs back in the early 90s.  I've also done a fair bit of idle modding, mostly for AoM.  Honestly, I never thought of it so much as its own thing, just more of a paletted form of digital art.  I ran into this forum looking for information on the problem of indexing into a tileset sheet for an isometric game with slopes greater than one elevation step.  Not exactly a fruitful search: the most relevant info was on GameDev...and it was 6 years old.

I'll be around, taking notes.  I'm working on a tile laying engine in Python/Pygame that should be friggin' gorgeous, or at least have the potential for it.  It compiles tiles from subtiles and will be configurable for tiles of any size and maximum slope.

Offline mauricio-fidalgo

• View Profile

Reply #134 on: March 19, 2010, 12:42:50 am
I was posting and i forgot to introduce myself  :-[
I'm called Mauricio Fidalgo (Yes thats my name) i dont say too much cuz i'm braziliam and i'm not sure about i'm writing in the moment,  i am 15 years old and i like do indie games this require learn pixel art. How do i learned pixel art? like i learned english, i dont known how but i do it  :D.   ::) My dream is one day be called professional on pixel art and programing. I love games, i play games, i do games , gamesgamesgames.

Offline Razoric480

• Game dev student
    • View Profile
    • Iced-Fire Studios

Reply #135 on: March 19, 2010, 03:45:06 am
Guess I should have tossed a line here earlier. Razoric or Razoric480 here. I have my website at http://www.iced-fire.com/ . I'm in the Game Development program over at Algonquin College in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada). Coding, graphics, design and math all to become a one-man studio. Too bad we don't have pixel-art classes, that'd be neat :P So I'm trying my hand out here to get some crits and comments and improve.

Cheers,

Offline OneSmartChicken

• View Profile

Reply #136 on: March 19, 2010, 05:04:18 am
Konnichi wa and hello, and several other greetings in assorted dialects, only the greetings of which I know but whatever. What was I talking about? OHYEAH. HI.

I'm One Smart Chicken. but you can call me K or OSC. Or Maccy if you want. Or hey-chicken-lady-who's-actually-really-stupid-but-calls-herself-smart-for-that-extra-boost-of-self-esteem. I prefer the last one, but it's sorta long.

I have been pixelating for almost two years now, though you probably couldn't tell by looking at my art. I've been drawing all my life and I'm an avid roleplayer, as well as a generally active person. Except I'm sorta a schizo and have random "moments" of being really busy IRL, but whatever. I fail at chatspeak and sticky caps, and trust me; I've tried. I have five cats which I talk about often, and my dad is Satan incarnate.

Oh yeah, and I'm from USA--Florida to be specific. We're pretty much the awesomest place on earth. Worship us.

Aaannnd...Now I'm gonna go get some pixeling help. =) Yay for finding an awesome site when I got stuck on one stupid little pixel!

Offline Nystre

• View Profile
    • PixelxCore

Reply #137 on: March 19, 2010, 05:15:15 am
Greetings, all! Nystre here! I'm an assistant admin of PixelxCore independent gaming, which is a small up and coming indie game development community. Hasn't quite got off the ground yet, though I'm part of the main team working on the official projects for the site. Currently, we're working on a game called Fate's Mirror (You may have heard of it!) which will be releasing on the Xbox 360, PC, and iPhone. I'm doing level design, and general assistance with sprite animations. Ah, but I won't drag that out. I don't want to sound like an advertisement bot or anything.

I consider myself a pretty amateur Pixel Artist, though I've been spriting on and off for 5 or so years now. I've never exactly had a time where I've been really in with it, so I think I have a lack of skill a lot of areas, but I'm pretty serious about it, motivated to improve, and open to critique (so long as it isn't harsh and gets straight to the point while explaining things clearly.)

As far as my own skill goes, I love animating and I try to make them as fluid as possible. I'm no expert, but I definitely think I've got some potential as far as animation goes!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 07:46:07 pm by Nystre »

Offline Moribund

• View Profile

Reply #138 on: May 13, 2010, 05:40:18 pm
Hi hello I'm Moribund. Trying a new handle, I think it sounds a little too ominous. I sprite exclusively for mods for the game Cortex Command, although very few of my sprites have made it into actual usable mods.

I am relatively new to spriting, everything I've done could probably fit on to one piece of paper. I think the major obstacle I need to overcome is that I'm not a very good artist. I think I sort of understand sprite shading, but everything I draw on pen and paper looks like crap.

I love my PS3 and PS3 games, especially Soul Calibur which I obsess about, memorizing frame data and playing it whenever my connection stops sucking (not that frequently as of late).

I am currently in high school, being forced to do all honours classes. I live in B.C., Canada.

Offline The 7th Sin

• View Profile

Reply #139 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:29 pm
Hello everyone, I just figured I would drop by and introduce myself.

My name is The 7th Sin, I am a noob level pixel artist, meaning I have relatively little experience with pixel art. :)

Previous to pixel art, I worked extensively with signatures, and digital art with The GIMP.
My previous artwork is all showcased here, http://mac.clanhalo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19863.

Other than pixel art, I am an avid film fan, music junkie and pretty much everything else a good artsy kid is supposed to be.

I guess that pretty much wraps things up, I am very happy to have arrived at such a friendly, inspiring and altogether awesome forum!

Sincerely,
The 7th Sin