AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364625 times)

Offline VampireCake

• Rawr! I'm gonna bite you!
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #100 on: November 22, 2009, 08:42:32 pm
Hey guys!  ;D

Im new here (duh) and imma introduce myself. As appropriate. Or something.

I'm Vampire Cake, and I have a lot of different nicknames, but currently I am using Vampire Cake. Im also Shiny Toad, and Ingus, but those are of no importance, really. Im 16 years old, still in high school. Hate it a lot -- takes away precious time.

Not very quick/advanced at pixel art, altough I am trying hard to improve. Also tried a bit 3D Modelling/animating with Blender, the modelling part went fine, but the animating went pretty bad. Also did some vector graphics, but I like pixel art better.

Hope to have a use posting my work here.  ::)
Rawr! I'm gonna bite you. Yes I am... Except if your nice to me. Or if you give me cookies.

Offline Pawsofthepanda

• View Profile

Reply #101 on: November 25, 2009, 09:15:59 pm
Shu!

My name is John and I'm all new to pixel pushing, been interested in the subject for a while but haven't found the time to really sit down and learn until now. Been trying to read up on it a little aswell but figured it couldn't hurt to join a community. I'm pretty experienced in other forms of art such as illustration, graffiti, photo manipulation and retouching and since I evolved so much within those thanks to the surronding community of (better) artists I just assumed pixelart wouldn't be an exception.

Offline Shoopzation

• Pixel!!!
    • View Profile

Reply #102 on: November 29, 2009, 11:29:40 am
Hi, I'm Guilherme, from Brazil, I'm 14 years old and i've been pixelating since, november 28th (yesterday lulz.) So, yesterday I made my first pixel art - isometric - and I lloved it, that's why I want to get serious on it.

Offline pedrohm

• View Profile

Reply #103 on: November 29, 2009, 11:23:23 pm
hey wazzup. I'm another brazilian making pixel art. Im new at it, and i have some goals: making games with my pixel stuff. Báah Yep i like sheeps

Offline Shook

• Gentlemen.
    • View Profile

Reply #104 on: December 12, 2009, 04:13:52 pm
Salutations, Pixelation! ;D

I'm Shook on the internet, and Søren (Sören or Soeren, though the one before the parenthesis is the correct one) in real life. I'm a 17 year old student, who lives in Denmark, and i happen to have an interest in pixel art. If i didn't, i wouldn't be here. ;)

So anyways, i've been doing pixel art (Spriting, to be accurate) for around 2 years, but i never really got into it before like half a year ago. I'm not exceptionally good at it, but that's why i'm here, where i can hopefully improve my works. I've always wanted to be able to make good art, and seeing that pixel art is the only thing i'm half-decent at, this is probably the right place to be.
I'm not a painting.

Offline KRDerek20

• View Profile

Reply #105 on: December 19, 2009, 05:36:50 pm
Alright! I'm KRDerek, and I'm gonna be a Beginner at doing Pixel art for a while.

I'm only doing Game Pixel art for fun, since I never find a good reason.
Also, random stuff FTW!

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Reply #106 on: December 19, 2009, 07:20:15 pm
Hey peoples my name is Brian and im 15 years old who lives in Curacao wich is in caribean sea.

I have been intrested in pixel art when I saw the awesome outlook of the effects and all.
I were wondering if thats all you can make with pixel art and so.

So far im a begginer and, I'm hoping to become a better pixel artist in the future from this forum.

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Reply #107 on: December 19, 2009, 07:36:17 pm
Hi there. I'm Arne. I come from norway and I didn't see this topic.
I also happen to be 14 years old. I started spriting when i was 5 years old by just zooming in in paint and making pixel clusters that i thought looked cool.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 07:47:53 am by Lizzrd »
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline TooManyToasters

• Okay, but there WAS a goat.
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: December 23, 2009, 01:54:21 am
Ohai. I'm TooManyToasters, also known on some corners of the internuts as SpectralMudcrab. I've always loved the style of pixelart, but I've never been particularly talented at it myself. But every once in a while, I get the urge to practice, and I've made some not-too-horrible stuff. This place seems like it'd be great for getting honest C&C, so I think I'll post some stuff here to get some pointers and such.

Y'see, I've always had a fascination with making video games. I've become pretty well-versed in RPG Maker VX, and I'd even started making a custom battle system- but my data killed itself and I lost everything after about a week of work. Eventually I think I'm gonna take another stab at it... but the problem is, I want graphics. There are plenty of resources around for RMVX, but all of them have been used in about a hundred other games that not many people ever really play. I want to make something that stands out at first glance. Yes, I realize that making a good game plus graphics all myself is going to take a chunk of time- at LEAST a year, most likely more, and I won't even start for a good while. I was having plenty of fun back when I WAS working on a game, and I think I'd be able to stick it out.

Since everyone else is posting their age and location and I am a sheep, I'm 16 and Canadian. Here in Nova Scotia, it's pretty cold and there are a lot of drunken old people. Yeah.
Also, these smilies are awesome.
 :D :crazy:
So awesome.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 02:00:26 am by TooManyToasters »
no

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Reply #109 on: December 24, 2009, 02:21:00 pm
Hello all. I am Olothontor, commonly known as "Olly" to those who don't feel it necessary to spell out my entire internet handle. Bluntly I have com to assimilate your spriting techniques.

Not-so-bluntly, I'm glad to be here. This seems like an awesome community with a ton of critique to be dished out, and critique is more often than not a good thing for me.

Steal yourselves; you're going to see a lot of spaceships from me. I'm not sure why, I've nevere really been a Sci-Fi fanatic, but spriting ships is just too much fun for me. I have tons of fleet sprites from PW... which brings me to my other point.

I came from the Picture Wars forums, a place with which some of you may be familiar. It is for this reason that I believe my spriting skills are nothing compared to yours, even as my spritings skills are very good compared to the majority of the PW community. I wished to live among the professionals, as it were, and see if I could make it in a graphically based job.

I am merely 16 (about to be 17), and I still have no idea what I "want to be when I grow up"... so I am here to experiment.

I do hope I am welcomed warmly.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa