AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 363594 times)

Offline mawk

• and I got soul but no money
    • View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #80 on: August 12, 2009, 10:29:29 pm
hey, guys. I'm mawk. I decided a while back to do everything I do from scratch, but I'm fairly amateur with things at the moment. I'm also a little colourblind, and while this hasn't been an apparent problem yet, be extra sure to tell me if I'm using colours in a weird way because chances are I'm not aware. :x

I don't got much to show right now, but hopefully that'll change as I get better with things. so, yeah. hi.

Offline Jellybit

• Don't touch the jelly.
    • View Profile
    • Jellybit

Reply #81 on: September 05, 2009, 01:00:03 am
Howdy, I'm Dave.  I joined recently because I've been getting more serious about doing art for my games, and I know my current work doesn't cut it.  I really look forward to your critiques of my newer stuff.  I've got a lot to learn.  You guys are incredible, and your understanding of color and light is something I really admire.  I've studied animation since my previous pixeling attempts and I feel I've learned a lot in that area.  I'm excited to put it to use in the pixeling realm.  Nice to meet all of you!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 01:01:58 am by Jellybit »

Offline ProblemOfficer?

• All day every day!
    • View Profile
    • This little side project of mine

Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 08:13:54 pm
Ivan here. I've never really done pixel art. I usually use the adobe suite to make concept art but recently I've been helping a friend make some graphics. He's asked me to do pixel art and so I'm here to learn and practice pixel art.
Disclaimer: I'm serious 0.09% of the time.

Offline Carnivac

• Mayhem Attack Squad
    • View Profile
    • Doctor Who - Retro Sprite Gallery

Reply #83 on: September 13, 2009, 08:27:26 pm
Figured I'd do a bit of reacquainting.

Before I went back to using my college era username of Carnivac I was known on the old Pixelation forum as Wolverine.  I'm now 30 and for the meantime live in Cambridge in England.

I started 'pixelling' on my Amstrad CPC 464 (still by far and away my favorite 8 bit home computer in every way) originally back in the 80's by changing the ASCII characters into various graphics and then proceeded to properly pixel using the public domain graphics programs Smart and G-Paint.  Moved onto higher color when I got an Amiga 1200 for a birthday and spent a great deal of time using Deluxe Paint IV.  Even though I couldn't pixel on it, my NES also provided me with some inspiration mainly due to games such as Batman and Mega Man 2.  The only modern systems I enjoy gaming on these days are my PlayStations mainly the PS3 and the PSP, the latter of which I'd quite like to develop some small 2D games for if I knew how to code for it.

These days I don't really pixel for anything but my own game projects and see myself as more of an 'old school spriter' than a true pixel artist.  The two main games I've been making are the NES/SNES inspired 'Hero - Celestial Force' (which itself is a sort of fangame/sequel to the game 'Hero' by my friend Ultimortal who went on to achieve great indie gamer fame by creating the very popular game 'Iji') and my Amstrad CPC tribute 'Cosmic Prison Commando' (which is also inspired by the Turrican series, the Amiga Turrican II being my all time favorite platform shoot 'em up).

I'm still recovering from various health issues that I've had for many years now, the pixelling helping me have something to keep my mind busy.  Now the health problems aren't quite as severe I get out a bit more now and have been studying karate and also attend a freestyle martial arts class to also help with fitness issues and to get used to being around people more often again.

Typed too much maybe but I'm done now.  :)
NES, Amiga & Amstrad CPC inspired
I know nothing about pixel art
http://carnivac.tumblr.com/

Semmu

Reply #84 on: September 16, 2009, 02:54:36 pm
hi everybody
i'm Semmu  :)

i'm from Hungary so sorry for my bad English  :(
if you cant understand me, ask again :D

i'm a webdesigner and programmer (php+mysql) and i'm creating now my site and i want to create a pixel style browser based mmorpg.
i have many resources now, but im still looking for tilesets/chipsets/charas/item icons on the internet :)

i have not any complete pixel images, im just learning the magic of pixel art :D

Semmu

ps: u can find me at pixeljoint (nickname semmu as well)
ps2: nice smilies  :P

Offline STE 86

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: September 18, 2009, 11:00:19 pm
Hi all.

my name is Steve Day and i am the grand old age of 42 :)

I shall be lurking round here occasionally now that i found this place.

not new to pixelling but it's something i have not really done in a few years. (currently back involved with doing 8 bit for free :) )

used to be an 8 and 16 bit artist. this was my stuff 25 years ago on c64

http://www.c64.com/pictures/ste_86_art_gallery/lethal_weapon_2.html (click the small thumbs for other stuff)

Best of luck with all your efforts

Steve

Offline Theo

• View Profile

Reply #86 on: September 19, 2009, 03:29:00 pm
Ooh, I really like some of those splash screens.

Hullo! I'm Theo. I found out about your site through TIGSource, and after much lurking decided to finally join for reals. I'm still learning a lot about pixel art, especially animation. I do a lot of different kinds of art, including this little animation for a game I'm currently collaborating on:

Nice to meet you all!

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #87 on: September 27, 2009, 02:24:55 am
I'm Kasumi. I joined, even though I mostly intend to lurk. My primary pixel art interest is making sprites and backgrounds that can be used in NES games, since I make NES games as a hobby. One of my long term goals is making at least one game for most of the famous older consoles (NES, Game Boy, SNES, Genesis, etc. Nothing planned for Atari, and the like. Maybe sometime.), though I'm focused on NES right now.

I've made a small PSP game, but the spritework is very basic, and uses few colors. My avatar (provided it's still a girl in a blue shirt with a bleeding person next to her) is from the PSP game, which yes is heavily inspired by EarthBound. Though everything in it is original sprites and not edits. The sprites in it have eight directions and three frame walking animations. I'm not very good at detailed pixeling, but I think I work well enough under NES color restrictions. I joined as a programmer expecting to be wowed by everyone else's stuff, but I may post some things for critique as well. I draw and paint as well and when I want to create a piece of standalone art, I usually pick those up. Therefore most of my pixeling ventures will be made with a specific game in mind. I am deeply impressed by everything here, and will definitely stick around, if only just to look. My favorite kind of pixel art is sprites.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:43:10 am by Kasumi »
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline rikfuzz

• View Profile
    • twitter @hot_pengu

Reply #88 on: October 07, 2009, 09:47:49 am
Hi all,

My name's Rik. Graphic designer by day, pixel artist by night. Have done a lot of mobile (cellphone) game work as freelance, but having stumbled upon this place I'm very much looking forward to growing as an artist here. I intend to post some works later and hope for helpful C+C. I've witnessed (via a short while lurking) some really quite amazing and indepth crits here, far and beyond anything I've seen in other medium art forums, so thought I'd drop an intro in ASAP so I can join in.

Many thanks
Rik

Offline Photocopier

• View Profile

Reply #89 on: October 07, 2009, 07:30:07 pm
Hi, this is photocopier, been a pixeljoint member for awhile now. been enjoying pixel art for longer.
I've known and read pixelation for ages now but nether bothered making an acount here before, so I thought I would now.
some of you may recognise my name.