AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364746 times)

Offline jmatchead

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #70 on: July 17, 2009, 06:48:51 pm
Hello everyone, I'm jmatchead. I've been sorta doing pixel art in my spare time for 8 or 9 years, but this is the first time I've come to a place like this to share and learn. Nice to meet everyone!

Offline EkbatDeSebat

• daydreamer
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:47 pm
oops! Forgot to introduce myself  :-[

Anyway, my name is Erwin and I'm pretty new to serious pixeling. I did do some sprites & game graphics (for fun) many years back. But that wasen't exactly serious work. And since I'm a very serious person, I don't think that work counted much. So I'm hoping to learn the finer details of the craft here. I have some ideas for small games that, at this point, I want them to be more than just ideas.

Aside from this I do web/graphic/motion graphic design and my main passion is telling stories in the shape of comics!

Cheers from rainy Holland!

Offline c00per

• View Profile

Reply #72 on: July 24, 2009, 09:33:50 pm
ok hello guys, i'm c00per and i come from a very different 'world'
while i work with pixels, they are mostly aimed at fighting games-size (i'm actually working in an original fighting game), and the latest ones are even in high-res, so uhmm, i wonder if i should show some of those
example

i want to get better mostly at animation, since single frames are somewhat already 'learned'

BTW i use to post in all lowercase, if that bothers someone please tell me aaand ... english ain't my mother tongue

that's all for now i guess

Offline JosephSeraph

• View Profile

Reply #73 on: July 24, 2009, 10:46:49 pm
  p."Hello world."
Or better, hello people. My name is José Victon, i am 14 years old, and aspiring of pixel artist. I am an apprentice tattooist too, and a fan ov EVERY mahou shoujo manga and anime lol >.<
Generally kind, sometimes annoying, my personaklity is INFP~The dreamer/Healer. I have a DeviantArt account, and a PixelJoint account, both with the name of "JosephSeraph"
Well... That's me, i guess.

Offline ~*McMuffn*~

• RIP B.L.P. we luv n miss u!! <3
    • View Profile

Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 01:31:43 am
Hey my names ~*McMuffn*~ n 1 day i will pixel a John Deere Tractor No Joke!! but n e wayz my little brother iz CommanderD, i would like 2 c sumbody make Jason Aldean on here! thatd b awesome! but idk nthin else so Bi
<3  =)  [><] ~~`*
i dont even no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Amorbis

• View Profile
    • Planetary Confinement Band page

Reply #75 on: July 31, 2009, 02:02:23 am
I am new to these forums, but not to pixel art. i have been making pixel art since i was about 8 using windows 95 and MS Paint.(i also used to have a Commador64) One of my life goals is to become a well known Game dev, and create great games that people will play and remember for years. I love the 8bit art style of the classic arcade games, and tend to make sprites in that style. I am currently working on a game called Techtonic Rush. I am the only one other than my brother working on this game. I'm doing the sprites, music, and code. My brother is doing concept art for it.

Well anyway. Hello. I hope to have a great time, and pick up some new techniques here with other sprite artists like me.

A little demo of my work.

this was done in about 10 minutes.

EDIT:
hello. Doesn't anyone welcome people onto forums anymore? i don't mean to be rude but come on...

Mod Edit: Merged with the introductions thread. Oh and welcome.  - Panda
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:03:41 am by Panda »

Offline Amorbis

• View Profile
    • Planetary Confinement Band page

Reply #76 on: July 31, 2009, 12:32:34 pm
I am sorry for not seeing the Introductions part of this thread... but it would have been nice too see at least one person  tell me that i had made an error in placing my post there.

Don't get me wrong i don't mind admitting my mistake. and i thank your for correcting it fore me...

Anyhow... on with business... i don't like to stay stuck on miss-haps and unpleasantries.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:39:07 pm by Amorbis »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #77 on: July 31, 2009, 12:50:30 pm
Actually there was.
But since I merged both threads, it was removed to avoid confusion.

Offline saehn

• View Profile

Reply #78 on: July 31, 2009, 02:11:32 pm
Greets, long-time lurker and longer-time pixel-pusher. I mostly do work in the Commodore 64 under the same alias, and you can see some of my stuff here. I've also done some work for the VIC-20, C128, Amiga, and Fairchild Channel F. As soon as someone codes a decent editor for the A8 series, I might work with that too. ;-)

Offline Pandora

• Pandora on a bad day...Bloody Mary
    • View Profile

Reply #79 on: August 02, 2009, 08:27:53 pm
Hi there - I'm Pandora.  Like the feel of this place and hope that my contributions will ...contribute...and I promise I won't run with scissora LOL;)