AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 367188 times)

Offline Chonky Pixel

• tequila_ben
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/187855.htm
    • https://www.facebook.com/chonkypixel/?modal=admin_todo_tour
    • View Profile
    • Chonky Pixel

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #600 on: August 09, 2019, 08:32:06 am
Hi! I thought I'd better introduce myself here. I joined recently as an old name I used to use for bulletin boards: "Daramon". I quickly found I was using the board a lot though, so I thought I'd re-join with a name that's more aligned with the rest of my social media presence. Such that it is.

You can see some of my faltering first steps in pixel art on my twitter: @Tequila_Ben or Instagram: chonkypixel. I'm concentrating on coding for the moment though, so I haven't posted for a while.

The Pixel Art board is absolutely vital to me now though, letting me keep my hand and my practice up.

See you there!

Offline SnuggleFloofles

• View Profile

Reply #601 on: August 11, 2019, 10:37:35 am
Hi there! I'm SnuggleFloofles and I joined to find some helpful pointers for future pixel art and share some of the things I'm working on. I'm excited to get in contact with great pixel artists and other beginners alike and make the best of what I can do! :)

Offline daimadoushi

• View Profile

Reply #602 on: September 28, 2019, 02:37:53 pm
Hey there.

My names nicolas, I studied concept art for a while and now Im making pixel art to use in my own video games. I am originally a computer scientist and wish to realize my dreams of making video games for a living.

Wish me luck and help me push my art to the next level :D

Looking forward to make friends and stuff  !
Thanks !

Offline .Vibes

• https://www.deviantart.com/dotvibes
    • View Profile

Reply #603 on: October 24, 2019, 05:48:03 pm
G'day, G'day!

My name's Scott, or Scotty if your not into the whole brevity thing :P
Australian currently in Texas, New to Pixel Art but have always had a passion for the style. Have recently begun my journey in Pixel Art creation, I have been practicing with an aim to make my own games using Unity and not relying on sprites/tile sets made by others.

Made my first tile set today (Well Grass and Dirt :P) will post for feedback soon - Aseprite for the WIN!

Offline Zygodactyl

• Freelance Illustrator/Designer/Pixel artist
    • KnuckleCrackle
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp
    • View Profile
    • AlfonsoArt

Reply #604 on: December 08, 2019, 12:16:17 am
Hello! ;D

My name is Anthony. I go by Zygodactyl or KnuckleCrackle on most sites. I'm an illustrator/designer by trade but I discovered a love for pixel art in recent years (probably while playing Owlboy). I started doing pixel art a few years ago when a friend approached me to make sprites for a game he and his friend were making. I've been doing pixel art professionally and for fun since then. Some of my major inspirations for pixel art are games like Metal Walker, Owlboy, Chrono Trigger, etc.

My work is done in pyxel edit which I've been using since 2018 and post mostly to my twitter or pixel joint account herehttp://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp. I'm excited to share my work on this site and see the work of many other talented artists!   :)

Offline NoSleepJesse

• View Profile

Reply #605 on: December 23, 2019, 02:50:47 am
Hi there everyone, my name is Jesse and I just Really love pixel art. I have made some okay art myself, but really just enjoy looking at others. It amazes me how much can be done with pixels and maybe one day I could be good at it but for now, I'm just here to lurk and enjoy basically. Thanks for having me!

Offline tatt2tim

• View Profile

Reply #606 on: January 01, 2020, 10:12:22 pm
Hello! My name's Tim. I love pixel art and indie games, and I'm here to start a project log. Looking for constructive criticism. My New Years resolution is to spend at least an hour a day on game development, so we'll see how that goes.

Offline hANshOTtH3RD

• View Profile

Reply #607 on: February 01, 2020, 05:52:53 am
Hello all, hANshOTtH3RD here(a.k.a. hANdsh0Tn0goOd on imgur, and u/dares2share on reddit). I registered back in 2016, but I guess i forgot to introduce myself until now...

I have no formal training in graphic art, although I've always liked to draw ever since I was a kid. Really, it's mostly just been doodles in notebook margins. I sort of had a lull during my college days, although in recent years I began playing around in GIMP, and doing some logo design for some personal software projects.

Recently circumstances have sort of put programing on the back-burner a bit, while also leaving me with more time to scroll the internet, and also draw more. What started as logo design drifted more into collages/mashups, and digital-art in general(all in GIMP-2.8.10).

I definitely also have a thing for retro style graphics. I think it is nostalgia for when I was a kid; too young to play games myself, rather watching older kids play the games for me. ;) Also, I guess, in my short debut as a software developer, I sort of grew an aversion to all sorts of new tech coming out, and consequently now seek out classic/vintage/retro stuff as much as possible.

Also, I've become more & more interested in recent developments in the healthcare industry the past few years, as I seem to have acquired some bad luck, and various accompanying medical problems. I've also taken more interest in business+investing news, from my various attempts in business/efforts to build a carrier for myself. ...I've also become more aware of the international goings on. ...basically I like to watch the news!  ...and I also like pixel art! ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:57:07 am by hANshOTtH3RD »

Offline Frelon-K

• View Profile

Reply #608 on: February 09, 2020, 12:29:15 pm
Hello everyone, Frelon-K, 31 years old, from France.
I'll try to be exhaustive and not being too long.

I'm fairly new to pixel art. To be correct, I purchased Aseprite a while ago and doodled around. But recently, I started a course to improve my pixel art, so it would be more accurate to say I'm taking a fresh start. I am actually on a self-challenge to do one pixel-art per day. Today is the day number 5. This is to evaluate my progress over time.  :)

Otherwise, as a solo developer, I'm like a swiss knife when it comes to game development. I can do composition (this is what I do the best, especially chiptunes). I can code, I actually use Unity and C#. I can also write (the texts I am writing are extremely violent, that is pretty paradoxal). I can do the Community Management (even if I hate this job with a burning passion) and web development (same as CM). I have already released a JRPG (made with RMMV) and a Danmaku (made with Unity) on itch. Sometimes I am a jammer, I actually took part at the GGJ some days ago. Unfortunately, I lack of marketing skills. :blind:

I work actually on a rogue-lite.

I was looking for a small and friendly forum. Firstly because I miss the old Internet. And secondly, because I became sick and tired of social networks. I still have a Twitter account, but this is tiring and boring. I mean, there are a lot of informations and stuff in a short amount of time, all stacking onto a bottomless pit... I can understand some people like it, but to me this is an endless source of stress. So... Well, better find a forum, like the good old days, slow down the pace and take time.  :D

Cheers everyone.  :D

(avatar, signature etc coming soon)

Offline rjcalvente

• View Profile

Reply #609 on: February 17, 2020, 10:34:20 pm
Hello everyone!

I am rjcalvente (Riky), 38, spanish. I am new into pixel art so I have to improve a lot.

Doing this only for fun, I am not a developer or designer but itīs my favorite way to spend my free time, I really love this. Hope to find here new friends!! Thanks!