AuthorTopic: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.  (Read 364632 times)

Offline Facet

• View Profile

Re: Read the Rules, then introduce yourself here.

Reply #300 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:24 pm
Welcome YellowLime :) Lotsa smart critique already! you'll fit right in.

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #301 on: January 11, 2013, 03:27:09 pm
Thanks a lot!  ;D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #302 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:44 pm
And I love that avatar!

Offline YellowLime

• View Profile
    • Sour Pixels

Reply #303 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:57 pm
Thank you very much, I'm flattered that you like it ;D

I'd never spent so much time in a piece before, and it went sort of unnoticed over at PixelJoint when I posted it. Thanks again  ;)

Offline Steneslore

• View Profile

Reply #304 on: February 01, 2013, 12:07:57 pm
Hi guys,

I used to do pixel art back in high school and recently became interested in it again due to the fantastic indie games that utilize it. I hope to use this forum to get better at pixel art, hopefully I can get good enough to do artwork for games one day. I drew up my avatar and sig especially for this forum. I'm not very good at pixel art yet but hopefully that will change once I get involved in some of the activities and tutorials on this site.

Cheers,

Steneslore

[edit] Didn't see this thread. Thanks for moving it for me, mods
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:19:34 am by Steneslore »

Offline wregular

• View Profile

Reply #305 on: March 10, 2013, 04:26:59 pm
Hi there! I started pixelating as a hobby in late 2012 and I'm looking to improve. Looking forward to getting involved!

Offline Quady14

• With A Buzz In Our Ears, We Play Endlessly
    • @Quady14
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/106644.htm
    • quadraxis14
    • quady14
    • View Profile
    • Eldritch Artbominations

Reply #306 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:53 pm
Hey everyone! My name's Chris and I'm currently majoring in Game Design at Becker College in Massachusetts. I haven't started on anything super fancy or serious yet, but I've taken a couple of stabs at pixel art over the past year or two and thought I would share some of my more recent stuff here to get feedback and tips for improvement (I find I'm pretty hard on myself, but having some external critique would help articulate exactly what and how to improve my work). I was actually recommended to sign up here by Pixelscopic, the guys currently working on Delver's Drop, as a good resource to get critique on my stuff, so I'd just like to quickly thank them for directing me here. I'm kind of bad with forum prowling so I apologize in advance if I'm not extremely active, but I'll do my best to contribute and be a part of the community!
"Diabetes is a super power, right?" "Yeah."

Offline razorshark

• View Profile

Reply #307 on: April 13, 2013, 04:32:14 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a 35 year old 2d/3d freelancer/generalist from the Netherlands, decided to join here and see what dark secrets lies within the land of the pixels he he he...
My experience in art dates back from 3dstudio Max 4 and on... always loved 3d modeling, but somehow always had a weakspot for traditional frame by frame animation. That's why i decided to join here to boost my creativity as well as my current skillset.

With kind regards, Daniël

Offline juggerninja0611

• View Profile

Reply #308 on: April 14, 2013, 02:24:15 pm
Hey all,

Great forum! I had a little peek and there is tones of stuff here that will come in useful. I decided the other day to give 2D game-design a serious try. I've worked with ink and pencil for over 15 years now, and I have always loved gaming. The idea of trying to make my own games has always appealed to me but I was always put off by how complex it all seemed...

Luckily, a buddy of mine invited me to join him in a little python programming course and now I feel much more competent to put something together! Of course, programming is only a tiny part of it, and its the creative design that really makes or brakes a game.

Pixel art seemed a great place to start. I love the old snes games (I still play EVO and Act Raiser regularly) and I just love getting stuck into the tiny little details of my drawings.

Anyway, I will post updates and designs as I go along and I look forward to your critiques and feedback!

Offline hiropyro

• View Profile

Reply #309 on: April 14, 2013, 05:45:31 pm
:D! Hey! I am not exactly 'new' to pixel art but I haven't really done any pixel work in a few years...But I felt a hobby was needed!