AuthorTopic: Shirtless guy [new piece]  (Read 4388 times)

Offline silvir

• AKA Noah Bradley
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Shirtless guy [new piece]

on: December 28, 2005, 12:49:51 am
...because no pixel art forum is complete without shirtless guys.

It's been ages since I've pixeled... but I got a tablet for Christmas (8x6 Graphire4) and I just had to try pixeling again. Lineart done with tablet, coloring done with mouse. 10 colors.

Usual C+C, please. :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 04:45:05 am by silvir »

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Re: Shirtless guy

Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 12:55:09 am
Well, this new piece definately follows your style.

You managed to cram an amazing amount of detail into that small sprite, but at the same time, it still looks a bit messy. It's hard to really point out anything in specific, but the edges of almost all the highlights are pretty sharp and jagged.

But honestly, that's what I like about your pieces, silvir.

It looks great, but bear in mind that it does look a bit sharp.

Keep up the good work.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 01:01:34 am
His hand looks :-/. His furthest pec also looks odd. The seperation between the ab rows looks too dark. His head seems a bit far back. His furthest arm has a messy outline. His nearest foot is at an odd angle.

Aside from that, it's all gravy with cheese and butter on top. I always like your pallettes.

Offline silvir

• AKA Noah Bradley
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 04:44:19 am
Thanks for the comments fellas, all valid and noted. Althought, Xion, that food-item you describe sounds mighty nasty. Maybe that's just me. ;)

After being inspired by the visual style of old movies and such, here's a little lady:

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Re: Shirtless guy [new piece]

Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 09:25:02 am
Hey silvir , Im glad your back  :)
This piece is really nice , I have a point about The neck , you could show it littel more .
Overall very nice since its your first piece in a while .
Happy new year in advance  :P .

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Re: Shirtless guy [new piece]

Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 12:29:14 am
ahoy meestor silvir
nice to see you still around.

on your first picture, theres a few things that i noticed.
all his edges are VERY jaggy. he needs some AA thrown in to balance out the nice inside detail.
his left (our right) thigh seems to fat. its a good length, just alittle too wide.
drop his right (our left) heel down. right now he looks like he is standing on his toes, which doesnt suit the rest of the pose.
now this one is just taste.. i think he has too many folds and wrinkles in his pants.. but that really doesnt affect the sprite. just lloks like really crinkly fabric.

the second picture is really nice.
i only have some nit-picks for it.
her left boob sticks out too far. have it come in by one pixel, where it overlaps the arm.
her left wrist is too skinny. from the top of the glove to the wrist narrows too much comparitivly to the other.
she has really broad shoulders for a woman. slant them down slightly, and it shud fix this problem.
her feet are really difficult to make out what they are. but my only suggestion would be to have her left foot face directly sideways to help support her weight better at the angle that she is standing.
but again, those are nit-picks. this image is very nice and clean.

we shud colab again..