AuthorTopic: Do People Still Use this Website/Forum?  (Read 15133 times)

Offline Ma3vis

• View Profile

Re: Do People Still Use this Website/Forum?

Reply #10 on: December 04, 2021, 01:06:58 am
Well, like I said, I can send you some invites on Discord. You have to add me though.  ;D

My bad, just recently tried adding you. Feel free to send me that list when you can

Offline Applefatdotgov

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 01:12:51 am
Considering how many job offers I've gotten from merely posting a portfolio here, I'd say at the very least people trawl it for artists. as for actual activity? that's harder for me to say, as before making my portfolio I hadn't used this site in years.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #12 on: January 11, 2022, 01:23:59 pm
Considering how many job offers I've gotten from merely posting a portfolio here, I'd say at the very least people trawl it for artists
I'm glad to hear this. I haven't posted my portfolio here, but I was wondering if it was worth the effort. Since most of those threads don't get replies (I guess because people contact via email instead), it looks like they get no attention.

Offline Atnas

• very daijōbs
    • paintbread
    • paintbread
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 05:26:41 pm
For anyone with mod privileges the site is practically unusable, because the spam from unapproved topics and posts accumulates so fast. I'm not sure if addressing that would really do anything, but it definitely would mean the time spent checking the site for some people wouldn't always be pruning.

Offline Applefatdotgov

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 03:28:31 am
I'm glad to hear this. I haven't posted my portfolio here, but I was wondering if it was worth the effort. Since most of those threads don't get replies (I guess because people contact via email instead), it looks like they get no attention.
You'd be on the money with this. I mostly get emails or discord contacts, and one time I got a PM of all things.

Offline SeinRuhe

• @SeinRuhe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/127850.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 04:39:41 pm

Posting a portfolio here is definitely worth it, almost my entire income comes from this site! Although I personally find replies on portfolio related posts a bit annoying, I really wish for a way to lock replies on mine/make it read only :D. A good way to check the activity of a portfolio without relying on replies is to see how many views the post has!

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Reply #16 on: March 08, 2022, 04:37:48 pm
I still visit occasionally and am trying to come back. I am migrating away from the new web with things like Discord, I find them a biggest distraction than a communication tool. lo spec web and the likes I'm finding much more relaxing and relatable to my old self. Forums and IRC are things I've been back into.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: March 09, 2022, 06:53:06 am
Forums such as this one work much better for this type of conversation, display and archival of content than Discord, IMO.
I've tried to use a few Discord servers lately, but stuff just gets lost in the feed and it's never seen again.

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 04:10:10 pm
I think you hit the main issue with Discord vs Forums. Forums can easily keep a searchable log. Discord, while searchable isn't setup for a good history.

Forums such as this one work much better for this type of conversation, display and archival of content than Discord, IMO.
I've tried to use a few Discord servers lately, but stuff just gets lost in the feed and it's never seen again.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space