AuthorTopic: HangThroat  (Read 3599 times)

Offline qunit

• View Profile

HangThroat

on: August 19, 2008, 11:17:29 am
This attacking animation of the terrible HANGTHROAT i made for an adventure game im starting to work on.

my drawing ref:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Qunit/PC180044.jpg

This is one of my first animations ever so be gentel with your cnc :)
One pixel at a time

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Re: HangThroat

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:31:41 pm
The pixeling is great, but i'm really not feeling the selout.

I'd either go with a solid outline or no outline at all because as it is, is rather accentuates the jaggedness of the edges.

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 10:20:59 pm
I like the drawing it's very good as is the pixel piece but i would give the pixel piece more of an angle like in the drawing to add depth to it as it is its face on - i dunno just a thought. :D
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 12:19:21 am
The separation between the head and body in the sprite is definitely not evident. The concept is pretty awesome, but with the head-on view it doesn't translate well, seems to me. I think it's partly 'cause you shaded everything like it's on the same plane. Like, okay, you've got shading, lightsource, etc. but you really have to make that distinction between what's in front and what's behind. The head should cast a shadow on the body, etc.

On the animation, it seems rather stiff for such an awesomely organic creature. So mechanical, see? Just straight down. I would suggest having, rather than a straight-down, straight-closed, strike-bite, maybe give him some swing on the z axis and then have him do more of a scoop motion, see? Like, swing back, then real quicklike, forward and up in an arc towards the viewer. Also, maybe give the lower jaw/lip some opening too, instead of just having the top widen. Makes it look weird, you know? Less menacing. Things don't really open their mouth from the top, you know? So yeah.

Offline dkh

• View Profile
    • Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 11:35:06 am
I know Krumbs already posted this...

...but I'm not trying to imply you are ripping somebody else off, I just want to point you to the name and image of a Mutalisk in case you didn't know this design and want to have a look at it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:36:45 am by dkh »