AuthorTopic: [WIP] 'Crunch' and a few characters to look at  (Read 3121 times)

Offline zeid

• View Profile
    • Pixel Class

[WIP] 'Crunch' and a few characters to look at

on: August 18, 2008, 04:15:47 pm
Time to reveal what I've been doing every now and then in my free time.  These are some characters I have been working on, how far I intend to go with them is still up for debate if your lucky you will be seeing animations after I finish off the last of the details on the current ones, but no promises at this stage.

This is the main character of the set, his name is Crunch and I developed the character years ago, his design has undergone some extensive changes since then however (purple didn't seem as cool when I was 11). He is still in need of a fair bit of reworking of the guns and limbs.

The first character in this set was intended as a boss, but I am looking at scrapping him at this stage. Blue thing (Blue Ink), Red thing (Red Ink), Tongue Gunner and crawling Pink thing are all finished. The first green chicken thingos gun needs work, as does the seconds. The giant monster with dude riding is a boss again, the chair and gun are really the last few things needing work on him.

Thought it was time to get feedback, see what people think and get some idea where to go from here.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:20:13 pm by zeid »
View my Devlog... unless you aren't ready to have your mind blown.

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: [WIP] 'Crunch' and a few characters to look at

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:13:53 pm
Looking interesting so far. I hope you don't run out of steam when you're going to animate them, as given the amount of detail you have successfully put into so little space in each of them, it seems to me that animating is going to be quite the time consuming task.

minor crit:
The huge thing looks a bit flat, which I think is due to the position of the legs on its right side(from its own perspective, assuming that the opening on the left is front). The position of the legs that are partially behind the main body make it seem like the creature is quite fat into the screen, while at the same time, the volumes on the front (where that opening is) seem to suggest that it is very thin.

Offline Dex

• ---
    • adamfergusonart
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11794.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 04:23:31 am
Agreeing with Dennis. Everything looks nice, but the volumes and shading on the large-spiderlike thing could be improved. Also, the cowboy-guy's pose is pretty stiff. :P

Nice stuff so far, man!

Offline qunit

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 11:58:58 am
Man, the big bloby guy and the thin red due are awesome !!
great fun and bright shading, i like it
the blue gut seems a bit out of pose .. but overfall this is great stuff
One pixel at a time