AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread  (Read 36627 times)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: The Official Pixelation Off-Topic Thread

Reply #60 on: January 06, 2006, 11:57:04 am
Oh man I finally got Starship Troopers to work on my pc with my old card so I can play before the new one comes.  It is awesome, you know that part in the movie when the soldiers are at that base and the pile of dead bugs is getting so high that the bugs can just climb over their fallen comrades bodies to get over the walls. Yeah you get the same level.  At least 500 bugs on screen at once attacking you and your mates!  SWEET!  A tad laggy on my comp but nothing I can't deal with.  Yet it requires a DVD drive and some pretty got comp specs and graphics card.  Not Alien Ware if you run everything at low, but above average.  It deserves a spot on my list.
Must Buy Xbox games
Halo & Halo 2
Must Rent Xbox games
Indigo Prophecy
Must Buy Pc Games
Starship Troopers
Must Barrow install and give back Pc games
Half Life 2
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 11:58:52 am by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #61 on: January 06, 2006, 08:04:33 pm
Helm-o isn't replying to my PMs, someone make him by force.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #62 on: January 06, 2006, 09:14:48 pm
Must Buy Xbox games
Halo & Halo 2
Must Rent Xbox games
Indigo Prophecy
Must Buy Pc Games
Starship Troopers
Must Barrow install and give back Pc games
Half Life 2

I don't see FEAR ...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 09:16:21 pm by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline silvir

• AKA Noah Bradley
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #63 on: January 06, 2006, 11:59:38 pm
Anybody else checking out the Newsvine.com beta?

I like it.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #64 on: January 07, 2006, 02:21:06 am
I got a limited budget darion.  Unless you wanna send me a copy as a late Christmas present i cant add it.  Also I am not much of a fan of horror games.  Like I'll play them but I just don't find em all that fun, I like games where you get that OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT!  HOLY CRAP THAT IS SWEET moments.  All the games on that list had those moments.  Games like The Sims 2, StarWars Battlefront II, Call of Duty and a game I loved but all others hate Without Warning, Mercenaries, Guitar Hero, Nexagon Deathmatch, DDR, Fable, Morrowind, RCT 1 2 & 3, and Devil May Cry also one to defy my rule Resident Evil 4 all go on my try em out and buy em if you got the cash game list.  Yes I am a hardcore xbox fan but no I don't really have the drive to buy the 360 I mean if I took money out of my trip fund and sold some stuff I could get a core but all I really want is Morrowind 4 Oblivion which will come out on PC so I can wait.  I also love my DS, love love love, I'll cuddle with it on those long cold nights when I cant sleep playing Animal Crossing.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #65 on: January 07, 2006, 02:29:42 am
I got a limited budget darion.  Unless you wanna send me a copy as a late Christmas present i cant add it.  Also I am not much of a fan of horror games.  Like I'll play them but I just don't find em all that fun, I like games where you get that OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT!  HOLY CRAP THAT IS SWEET moments.  All the games on that list had those moments.  Games like The Sims 2, StarWars Battlefront II, Call of Duty and a game I loved but all others hate Without Warning, Mercenaries, Guitar Hero, Nexagon Deathmatch, DDR, Fable, Morrowind, RCT 1 2 & 3, and Devil May Cry also one to defy my rule Resident Evil 4 all go on my try em out and buy em if you got the cash game list.  Yes I am a hardcore xbox fan but no I don't really have the drive to buy the 360 I mean if I took money out of my trip fund and sold some stuff I could get a core but all I really want is Morrowind 4 Oblivion which will come out on PC so I can wait.  I also love my DS, love love love, I'll cuddle with it on those long cold nights when I cant sleep playing Animal Crossing.

:O
What?

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #66 on: January 07, 2006, 02:31:41 am
You never get those moments??  I almost dumped myself when that gaint bug bashed through my fort wall in StarShip troopers and started melting my men and spiders were climber over the walls and I was shooting em so I could get the darn dripship to land.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #67 on: January 07, 2006, 02:41:26 am
OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT!  HOLY CRAP THAT IS SWEET

What!? You definitely don't know FEAR, then. The horror factor is so subtle.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 02:54:07 am by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #68 on: January 07, 2006, 02:50:37 am
Yeah, I get those moments. Every gamer gets those moments.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #69 on: January 07, 2006, 03:31:28 am
animal crossing >_>
I hate Animal Crossing. I can't stand that you can only find certain fish or bugs in particular seasons. It instantly destroyed my interest in the series forever. The real time clock thing bugs me, too.

I guess I prefer a game that can be bended to my will and not the other way.
OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT!  HOLY CRAP THAT IS SWEET
Katamari Damacy did this for me around the moon level when I sucked up ultraman, a squid, a navy fleet, and then proceeded to suck up an entire town.

Fighting the final villain in ICO really got to me as well, although it was a more subdued "OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP!" Heheh, I couldn't even bring myself to attack the boss as I was too afraid that I would get my ass kicked.