AuthorTopic: User Interface  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Sabata

• View Profile
    • TownsLife

User Interface

on: August 08, 2008, 04:09:27 pm
Hey guys have this on PJ as well but I figured out I'll post here too, for people who don't visit PJ forum much...
So yea, background and writings are non pixel art..and some shadows on lower pow of icons...but the rest is pixeled.
Any comments or crits?

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Re: User Interface

Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 11:13:42 am
Looks quite good to me, I only have two minor crits :
First,  the white borders around round buttons look jagged, you should look into that.
Second, I think the overall feel would be better if you didnt open wide the parchments all accross the boards but kept a fair margin (about 6-10 px on each side).

Offline Ichigo Jam

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 05:38:31 pm
The reason the circles look jagged is the pixels of dark brown on the edges of the circles, next to the AA on the white circle. This makes it look like the white line is much thinner at those points.
These pixels should actually be a lighter colour than the outer grey outline, since you want it to look like the white line is halfway between the pixels.
E.g.

Also, the white squares in the inventory look somewhat out of style with the rest of it, since they're very plain.

Offline Jakman4242

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:17:57 pm
Wow, very good, very consistent, very unique.

I can only wonder why you didn't spend more time on the inventory UI's boxes?  ???