AuthorTopic: Custom doom gun  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Custom doom gun

on: December 23, 2005, 06:34:17 am
 I've decided to whoop on a new kind of sprite. I haven't made weapons in a long time so my skills are kinda poor on weapons. Here's a weapon I've pixeled using graphicsgale yesterday for anyone who's looking forward to putting it in their doom mods.

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Re: Custom doom gun

Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 09:09:35 am
Er, do you use Paint Shop Pro? Because it looks to me like you saved as GIF and used the automatic colour reduction as it's put loads of stippley crap into the black bits).

Unless it's on purpose, in which case: get rid of the stippley crap in the black bits. :)
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 09:29:18 am
 My gif converter was kinda buggy. I don't know which one to select from: Random, Solid, Pattern, error diffusion.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 09:43:51 am
that's because what you're doing has very little to do with pixel art. Use controlled custom palettes, don't ask the machine to colour-reduce your work for you.

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 12:35:52 pm
Not necessarily, Helm. I've done stuff in limited colours and just because I let PSP do the colour reduction without me choosing the mode it speckled the fook out of it and stopped it looking like pixelart.
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 01:39:02 pm
yeah I know what you mean but I also know what I'm looking at. This piece doesn't benefit from pixel-art geared critique besides perhaps to the extent of mentioning 'clean it up'. Too many dirty tools were used, and the palette is just what the computer gave back to andy after he asked it to reduce.