AuthorTopic: [WIP] Need opinions on running animations  (Read 25830 times)

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Need opinions on running animations

Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 06:37:27 pm
I think the fingers spread apart like that may be a little ambitious for that scale :blind:

But if you can pull it off go for it.

Here is my attempt to clarify the hand positions:

Offline Mike

• View Profile
    • Scribble onto the Abyss

Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 04:58:37 pm
Evileye that pose is exactly what I was talking about.  It's still pretty much the same but now it reads way better.

Offline McStinkus

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 09:23:46 am
I finished one of the poses! At least, I think so.  I've decided I'm going to have 3 running anims and rotate through them at random.  The next will be based on your pose, Evil, for sure. I'm just working out some kinks.  I just threw it up over at pj, and I'll post my next WIP with your pose in a day or so.   

Offline EvilEye

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 04:43:06 pm
Well if you do actually go with the fingers spread like that, then if you could move them around slightly it would greatly add to the animation.

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 02:57:28 am
Head movement like a couple of posts back would be great. Great work keep it up!

Offline McStinkus

• View Profile

Reply #45 on: August 18, 2008, 04:43:53 am
What do you mean head movement?  The one where the whole body goes up and down?  I have deliberately not moved his head, so I hope thats what you mean. Evil, I tried messing with the fingers but it looks really forced, and even a one pixel movement here is huge.  I couldn't figure anything that looked good.
Here are the two potentially finished sprites minus any up and down motion. 

This second one is total props to Evil.  I'm glad you made me do it cause it is pretty cool.  I'm willing to call these guys good unless anyone sees anything glaring.  I'm always down for improvement and things can always be better but I'm about 2 weeks behind schedule so if you've got something, say it! 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:07:50 am by McStinkus »

Offline EvilEye

• View Profile

Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 02:41:15 am

I like the arm placement in this one, but....

Why are the hands still weirded out?

They still look like this to me:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/chris_6713/hands.gif

My point in making that edit was not the arms but making the hands look like they were in a natural position.

Make the hands so they are clearly like in your naked pic with the broom, then make the sword skinnier and flip it, and I think you will have a damn good ninja run animation.

My 2 cents.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:48:57 am by EvilEye »

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 02:48:45 am
Hey man, loving the animations so far!
The only thing i would advice you to do, is work out the skin colours, (colours in general) the contrast between them is so subtle, that i couldnt tell a thing if it werent for the fact that its animated, and that the black pops it up a notch.

Animation wise, its really nice, but try to up the contrast a bit, and play with it on the animation.

Cheers, keep it up!

Offline McStinkus

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 08:34:31 pm
Hey guys,
  I'm going to Florida for two weeks to do some herping (reptile hunting with a camera) so I shan't even think about this until I return.  I'll try and work out some of teh stuff then.  Krut, I have one more skin tone that I dind't use here but I'll try and work on something with more contrast.  Evil, the sword hand in the one you don't like so much sopposed to be his thumb curling up over the sword.  I meant to change but forgot/didn't  I'll address it.   

Offline Krut

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 09:27:23 am
Hey guys,
  I'm going to Florida for two weeks to do some herping (reptile hunting with a camera) so I shan't even think about this until I return.  I'll try and work out some of teh stuff then.  Krut, I have one more skin tone that I dind't use here but I'll try and work on something with more contrast.  Evil, the sword hand in the one you don't like so much sopposed to be his thumb curling up over the sword.  I meant to change but forgot/didn't  I'll address it.   

Itīs not about the ammount of colours, you dont need to add more, but work the contrast between what you have there (the extra one, you could use to smooth it out tho)
Have fun in Florida!