AuthorTopic: [WIP] Your opinion...  (Read 6315 times)

Offline LordFred

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Your opinion...

Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 06:34:31 am
  You are right... I think i have to "polish" my pixels, yes, it's true... That's my problem... When i have more or less the idea i want, i stop working on the picture, when, how you said, i must terminate it polishing that scene... it's the "hard work"... And at the same time is the work that give more realistic appeareance to the scene...

Your edit of the section is great!... thanks, i will try to work on it...

But... what do you think... It's better change character colours, or, how Helm said, work more on background?...

I think, Helm is right...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 07:23:05 am

well do you have any trouble telling what is player character and what is background here? Extreme example, but I'm sure you understand. Cold colors = far away, warm colors = closer.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:25:53 am
I dont really think you have to put any more detail on it at all, I think in that respect it looks fine as it is, we dont need another artist trying to clutter everything up to make it realistic! we've got that in all the 3D games already. I do think you should change the colors of the background, to be something more desaturated an make the character stand out better....helm's got a good example.....try to not take it to such extremes though, looks a little bleak..and I think the way you do it goes with the superhero type character

I really like the way you tackled the backgrounds in the last two screenshots, specially the fast clean way you show form, and how the rocks have a way of looking natural without using too many tiles.

Desde Colombia, bienvenido a Pixelation, me encanta su estilo simplista! no lo rellene de detalle que pueda hacerlo ver sobrecargado. Eso es lo que todo el mundo hace...busquese artistas que le gusten y trate de meter lo que le gusta de ellos en sus pixeles...pero no haga lo que hace todo el mundo!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:29:41 am by Conceit »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 07:38:31 am
we dont need another artist trying to clutter everything up to make it realistic! we've got that in all the 3D games already.

How does it enter what you suppose 'we' need into a person's search for artistic betterment? Aren't you projecting your own desires when you should be giving help with someone else's desires? Of course that could just as well have been directed at me who suggested the more polished rendering, but at least I suggested polish for benefits apparent (precision and control is a boon in pixel art) and the artist can take or leave it. Where is the apparent benefit in keeping the rendering simple and a bit messy in this case? I'm not saying there isn't any, I just don't see how someone comes with great volumes and could-improve-upon rendering here for help and the help you give them is 'don't tighten up your rendering'. It's not a matter of realistic at all. Rocks don't go from purple to orange to desat mauve in reality.

Offline LordFred

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 09:31:47 am
Well... My style is what it is... that's true, and when i put my graphics here i want some feedback... of course, i will take or not depending on i like the change or not... I suppose every one of us do it... Personally, i like helm suggest... i want to go one more step ahead... and i like the suggest of polish a bit more my graphics... and the sample Helm posts... I want to thank Conceit because that means my graphics can be considered finalized for some people... and that question is sometimes one problem for me... well.. again, thanks...

Conceit, gracias por tu comentario...  Aunque intentaré ir un poco mas lejos... siempre conservando mi estilo, porque creo que eso es dificil de cambiar... haha...

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:02:28 pm
well, ok sorry. I just thought that it was a unique quality in his work...the fact he used the specifical term "realistic" just made me jump up in my chair......But eh, I overeacted I know. I didnt even give any suggestion of my own so I know that was kind of ass-like  :-[ so..whatever, try it out and let's see how it comes out. just watch out for clutter :p
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:13:23 pm by Conceit »