AuthorTopic: MystcTree  (Read 6050 times)

Offline qunit

• View Profile

Re: MystcTree

Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 10:16:04 am
tnx all so far

helm - you know what.. i will try to get rid of them and see how i like it, those black outlines is a method that i have been woring with so far so i cant really see how they are wrong :) but i will try
One pixel at a time

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 01:16:42 pm
Quite nice what you got going on so far.
You do not seem to optimise your colours at all. Having full control over every single colour is one of the biggest benefits in pixelart.

Yours: 69 colours - My edit: 32 colours

This of course is very extreme and perhaps a bit more monochromatic in places, but it is just to demonstrate what you can do. As a middleground you could so something like 40ish colours and it would be closer to the original colourwise. Back in the days stuff like this served a purpose because computers could not handle too many colours at once. Nowadays you still need it something when you work on stuff like the Nintendo DS. But for many of us it just became good habit and I for one think it's fun. :)
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 03:46:36 pm
* PypeBros love the tree and the rocks. not too sure reducing the number of colours benefits to the scene in this case. I'd be tempted to say that she has got loong back and arms compared to the size of her legs, but it's always difficult to find in those kind of poses... maybe if you can find a reference picture or ask someone to take the pose for a comparative sketch ...