AuthorTopic: Return of the NINJA!  (Read 29285 times)

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: Return of the NINJA!

Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 11:13:36 pm
Okay, I added a crouch in the animation. Check it out!  ;D

I felt she needed to push from the wall, for a more given sense of "boost" when she propels herself upward. And I felt the lighter than air jump felt kinda' tacky. Specially with her booty sticking out so much. Just looks strange. I'd suggest this, maybe, if you're going for a slightly realistic platform/ninja like climb:

And if not, or more willing to stay the course with fantasy, then maybe an over the top flip, like Ninja Gaiden and those other snes games where people can spontaneously do 450-degree flips, and land like a cat at their whim.

Also...I like her bum.  :crazy:
my back hurts...

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 11:37:23 pm
The B.O.B.: What the helios is going on in that first animation? It's entirely confusing. I think the ninja twisting her body as she pulls up makes since, but what's with the leg going up like that?

Also, this thread is really dang weird so far, what with the discussion of female sexuality and hentai comics.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Weasel

• View Profile

Reply #42 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29:04 am
In the first animation I think she's throwing her leg up to catch the ledge and give herself momentum. I was actually thinking a similar thing, but to be honest was to lazy to do an edit to explain. Readability problems are probably due to the colour restrictions meaning you can't easily put a darker colour on the back leg to shove it into the background.

I think the original hover backside version has a certain olde worlde game charm, but I really like B.O.B's flip edit, as it adds extra interest.
WARNING - This post may contain incredibly bad spelling and/or grammar due to the dyslexic nature of the poster. Please ignore this until the problem can be rectified.

Offline h4x0r

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: July 28, 2008, 10:56:35 am
Maybe someone should try B.O.B.'s first image, but have her lift her legs from the side closest to us.  Her hair is already dark, so colors wouldn't be a problem.  Also you could still see her butt?!  But in any case, sexist humor/(everything else in this post) aside, I think that having her actually lift herself up would be the best decision for this animation...IMO.

@Ryona - Good luck on the game, it looks very promising.  The hardest part of making games is making everything for it first...which I think everyone hates...

P.S. - That last line made me feel like Yoda, without the strange literary abnormalities...

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 07:08:04 am
Hi, maybe that the pull-up animation may benefit from some dynamic realism.
I mean that she doesn't seem to have sufficient horizontal momentum to go over the edge after she pulled up herself.
A way to correct this could be to add some swing motion to the leg. I did a simple edit to show what I mean:

Hoping to be helpfull, let me give you my compliments again.

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 12:53:20 am
EDIT (based off BOB's edits, mostly):

I tried to find a balance between believability and style. Hope you like!

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 03:02:15 am
I had made some other options for the jump that I didnt post because I considered them irrelvant.

But now that Bob and everyone BUT his mother is posting more I say

MEH!

I bet ten bucks Ryona is sick of this topic by now