AuthorTopic: Pixelation has been DUGG!  (Read 33151 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Pixelation has been DUGG!

Reply #80 on: June 20, 2008, 04:06:56 pm
This thread is 2 years old, I'm sure we've gotten what we were to get from DIGG users.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #81 on: June 20, 2008, 04:46:12 pm
Hahahaha, I'm an idiot.

(soft shoe dances while exiting stage left)

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #82 on: June 23, 2008, 03:45:26 pm
Having used quite a variety of different programs for pixeling (though still not getting all that great at it) I've come to the conclusion that my least favorite two programs for the job are mspaint and photoshop. I dislike photoshop merely as a matter of preference, but mspaint is ultimately inefficient, and generally, it seems that people who use it and harp on it are either too lazy to get something else, or simply don't want to, because that would mean having to "learn a new program"...which equates to laziness in my book.

I mean if you *really* feel the need to keep using a program that's restricting you for no good reason, be my guest. just let me know how much fun you're having with your three levels of undo and no layering ability. and that god awful curved line tool.

Since i primarily deal with animating, Graphicsgale handles most of my present needs. however, i'm not under the assumption that it's the best thing out there, it's just what i use 'till i find something better. it took a bit of getting used to but trying to use mspaint now... just doesn't work too well. Put it this way. Before i got GG, i was using mspain (not a typo) and unfreez. and irfanview to convert the images since mspaint's gif compression looks like pure ass. and not a good, curvy round ass; a cellulite shocked overblown old lady ass.

I'm not going to bother posting examples because that mess should explain itself; but in terms of sheer output it'd take roughly the same amount of time for me to produce an 8 frame animation using the old method, and using GG ALone, in he same timespan i can churn out 30+ frames. it sounds like an exaggeration ,but it's really not.

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Reply #83 on: June 23, 2008, 10:12:38 pm
I mean if you *really* feel the need to keep using a program that's restricting you for no good reason, be my guest. just let me know how much fun you're having with your three levels of undo and no layering ability. and that god awful curved line tool.

I'm still working on getting a good enough grasp with GraphicsGale that I can can switch over completely, but for now I still mainly use Paint. I've never actually tried to use the curved line tool for anything because it is crap. Even less useful than the spraypaint tool. Faking "Layers" is pretty bad in Paint because you have to copy and paste things all over the place. The only thing that I would like to mention though is that I recently started using Vista and the new version of Paint has many more levels of undo than the three that the previous versions had. I'm not mentioning it as a defense, but more like a clarification, since a few people have tried to use it as argument fuel already.

Anyway, that's all. I don't want to revive this thread and bring it back into full hate mode. There are enough Paint-bashing discussions on Pixelation already. I think everyone gets it by now.

Offline Corsair

• some assembly required
    • View Profile

Reply #84 on: June 24, 2008, 03:58:11 am
I didn't even realize how old this thread was ;)

shame on me.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #85 on: June 24, 2008, 09:12:40 am
I, too, have an opinion about MSPaint!!!!!!1111oneoneone

Do we really want to publicize a place that spends such effort jabbering over preference?

:lala: Just a thought.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #86 on: June 25, 2008, 08:57:25 am
Yes we do. You say 'jabbering' to make a strawman out of a conversation that is both valuable and insightful. Just saying.  ::)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 11:48:36 am
Afaik, Promotion runs fine in Wine.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.