AuthorTopic: humphrey bogart  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Bo

• View Profile

humphrey bogart

on: December 15, 2005, 10:13:13 pm
made on request by a friend from school.

2 colors+ transparency, no tracing.

here is the refference.

no extreme likeness but im pretty satisfied. it was also a experiment for me as ive never done such a big(and detailed) picture in just two colors.

Offline PixelPusher

• View Profile

Re: humphrey bogart

Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 10:47:59 pm
No images.  :-\

EDIT

I refreshed it and one showed up, but not the reference. I suggest you get rid of the red, its a bit intense.

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:52:52 pm
just right click and choose show picture a couple of times and itl show up(it did for me)

well the red was by request by my friend. i cant understand why he wanted those colors but still, he did.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 12:42:39 am
I'm not using Explorer (which sucks thoroughly). I have no view image button, so I can't really crit this.

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 03:35:30 am
strange that you say that explorer sucks when its you non explorer users who cant see the images :/

well, il try to upload the pictures to a better host tomorrow.

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 08:21:52 am
The red is a strange choice indeed, and I wonder if red&black would help instead of light and dark reds.

The main thing that bugs me though, is the hat. It bulges out too much in the top left, and is a bit too steeply angled in on the top right. Also the eyes aren't quite right, at the moment they seem a bit too rounded, giving him a puzzled and a 'I'm a bit stupid', kind of expression - compared to the more coy glance over the shoulder.

Actually, on second thought, it may not be the hat, and might be the angle his head meets it - whichever it is, they don't quite line up properly.

Certainly a lot of dithering there, but the style works well.

-Z-

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(