AuthorTopic: Topdown Humvee  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Sokota

• WeThePuppets
    • View Profile

Topdown Humvee

on: July 06, 2008, 11:04:25 pm
Ok, so, I wanted to try something lifelike, and topdown seemed the easiest perspective to attain this in. I want to make a topdown, modern wargame, and decided to fall in love with the Humvee. I found a blue print for the Humvee on Google, here, and used that for my reference. Using the topdown reference, I made this:

Tan Humvee

The lineart is what I started with, and now I'm trying to do the coloring, but can't seem to figure out what to do really. Even looking at other references..So, I posted for some critique and help. Personally, I really like the lineart, I'm just not sure how to color it. In fact, I didn't even use all the colors in the palette! ???

Sokota

Offline popkiltr

• Counter Productions
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: Topdown Humvee

Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:52:37 am
I think the outline is fine, if not just a near duplicate of the original line art.
The colors are ok, but I think you can offer some darker and lighter shading to show a little depth.
Even though it's top down, I think you can make the image POP more off the background.

Interesting start, and I'm curious to see how this could turn into a really cool looking vehicle.

Offline kitty

• LAUGH! :]
    • View Profile

Re: Topdown Humvee

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:24 pm
You decided to fall in love with the Humvee.  I like that. :]
Your reference shows which areas are higher and which areas are lower. You could start lighting from there?  CHoose where the light is coming from first of course! :]
never pretend to be drunker than you really are