AuthorTopic: Male 32x32  (Read 3873 times)

Offline LuckwithinFavor

• View Profile

Male 32x32

on: July 10, 2008, 03:48:08 am
Hey guys I'm new to Pixelation, wanted to get some real feed back on this 32x32 sprite  :D

be brutally honest on what you think  ::)

C+C if you'd like  ;D

Offline missingno

• View Profile

Re: Male 32x32

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 04:14:05 am
He seems a bit hunched over and his shoulders seem very square. The upper body is a lot larger than his lower body. It seems like you were trying to go for top-down perspective with it, but the end result makes him look disproportionate.

Also, if he's a 32x32 sprite, why not make the most of the space you have? Heightwise you have three or four extra pixels there that you haven't touched.

Additionally I don't think there's nearly enough contrast in the color palette. When he's at 1x, it almost looks as though he's just an outline filled with a single color.

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 06:59:29 am
He probably wants to put items on it.

Here is an edit.
I realized my post was too short and didn't really contribute anything..
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:06:10 am by Souly »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:06:31 am
Sorry, you're little guy just reminded me of Tien.  :P

Missingno already pretty much touched on everything, so no need for me to repeat. Just take what you will from my edit.

Oh, and some more info on your little dude would help us understand what you're trying to go for.

Offline LuckwithinFavor

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 09:33:24 am
 :)
He's more of a Krillan in my opinion :P, just need to add six little stars to his head ^-^ lol,
but I'm looking for some opinions on how to improve his overall look.  I'd like to keep the big head perspective though.
I am making him the size he is, for the fact I'm going to be adding overlayer's to him like hair and what not.
but I could really use some opinions on maybe how to give him more detail or lighting;D

oh and btw, here's a little icon i'm working on aswell
Skullmonkey! Still workin on him though :P

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:16:29 am
but I'm looking for some opinions on how to improve his overall look.  I'd like to keep the big head perspective though.
I am making him the size he is, for the fact I'm going to be adding overlayer's to him like hair and what not.

having him side-to-side with tien gives interesting hints, imho. Such as reducing belt's width by a few pixels and insisting more on feet than on legs (e.g. he's almost top-down, so you see most of his shoes, and very little of his legs when he stands straight).