AuthorTopic: Giygas (Giegue), Ninten, and other nes chars (WIP)  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Destiny

• View Profile
Atleast to come; >>

Ignore the orignal earthbound sprites, and the two sprites at the top in the corner. Those were former version all leading up to this.
Ive had help from Pikford (pik), a good freind of mine, who helped me with Gieuge's head, and raised the little filed thingy that sorrounds his egg/tube a bit. And helped me with ninten's head.

Im trying to make it look NES-like. Im trying to limit myself with pallete's by using the colors repeatedly. Id like comments on what I have so far if you guys would be so kind.
Nintens walk is still a wip. Giegue is finished, but Idk, I wanna wait before I sheet him, I need lots of C+C on him.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:27:28 pm by Destiny »

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Re: Giygas (Giegue), Ninten, and other nes chars

Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 04:00:22 am
Funny to see you here too, CShad. XP

Anywho, my main complaint mostly comes from Nes, as his pants seem to bulk/puff up in the first three walking sprites, then become normal in the last one.
His prepared stance seems to be a bit painful. His legs almost look like he has inverted legs, maybe try to bring his legs closer?

Not much else I can give though.

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Re: Giygas (Giegue), Ninten, and other nes chars

Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:07:13 am
In the first few pose his pants are actually pretty bulky, and I tried to keep it that way :X
Ill try to adjust the leg so it looks more like a bend instead of inverting the legs

Offline chriskot

• View Profile

Re: Giygas (Giegue), Ninten, and other nes chars (WIP)

Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 08:21:12 pm
These are pretty good. Mother/Earthbound never gets as much credit as it deserves.

I never interpreted the things on the sides of Giegue's pod that way, but I like your way because it reminds me of the machine holding Giygas back at the end of Earthbound.

A couple of quick crits, because that's what you're asking for:

-Currently, these sprites have the wrong colours and way too much detail to look like an NES piece. Usually this wouldn't be a criticism, but you said that you were aiming for an NES look and this appears more GBA-like to me.

-The walk animation is good, but in the last frame his left leg goes in front of his right one, making it look like he is walking slightly downwards when the rest of the animation looks like he is walking straight east.

Offline Destiny

• View Profile

Re: Giygas (Giegue), Ninten, and other nes chars (WIP)

Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:35:26 pm
These are pretty good. Mother/Earthbound never gets as much credit as it deserves.

I never interpreted the things on the sides of Giegue's pod that way, but I like your way because it reminds me of the machine holding Giygas back at the end of Earthbound.

A couple of quick crits, because that's what you're asking for:

-Currently, these sprites have the wrong colours and way too much detail to look like an NES piece. Usually this wouldn't be a criticism, but you said that you were aiming for an NES look and this appears more GBA-like to me.

-The walk animation is good, but in the last frame his left leg goes in front of his right one, making it look like he is walking slightly downwards when the rest of the animation looks like he is walking straight east.

I cant see thie picture you posted >>;, could you re-upload it to a different site?

-Im not trying to defelct any crit thrown at me, but I want going for anything to be exactly like a nes sprite, I was going for the technique a nes styled sprite used, to repeatedly reuse colors, but, If I can get the colors to be more nes-like, could you point me in the direction of an example pallete, that would be greatly appriceated.

-Ill be sure to fix that, I need to redo that frame anyways, its ugly :X. Also, the animation is half finished. And I still need arms;

finished ish, needs arms.

EDITEDITEDITEDIT:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7420/shtufflb3.png

Linked cause I can, and I could also use alot of help/c+c for this part. How do you shade a tube/case thingy :X?

EDITx2:
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/5530/shtuffxa3.png
-Someone was nice enough to animate it for me at another forum, so fixed it up
-Having trouble with giygas tube thingy still
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 04:17:38 am by Destiny »