AuthorTopic: Need a Pixel Artist For My Fighting Game (PAID POSITION)  (Read 2639 times)

Offline erickcaballero

• View Profile
Hey everyone,

I'm an independent dev trying to get my game going but I realized it's time I get rid of my placeholder art I made in MS paint. After failed attempts on Fiverr and Upwork, a friend of mine pointed me here.  I'm making a fighting game similar in pixel art style to Street Fighter Third Strike. I will need around 40 animations (1-30 frames each) for 10 unique characters. I have at most $1000 for whoever can do this project. If you are on this thread and have experience not just with art but also animation (very important, ive had so many good artist but bad animators) please let me know and let's work out a contract. For anyone else, please let me know if I'm underpaying/any other tips you can think of. Thanks!

Offline Matwek

• View Profile
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the amount you're offering is massively under what someone needs for that amount of work.

40 animations for 10 characters at an average of 15 frames per animation is 6000 individual frames.
At the very least I would expect to pay $50 for a single frame in the style of Street Fighter Third Strike, but realistically it would be closer to $100 if I wanted it to have the same level of polish.

Your budget should really be in the range of $300,000-$600,000

I would suggest cutting down the scope of the project, less characters, less animations and less frames.
Or find a less detailed art style.

Offline SeinRuhe

• @SeinRuhe
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/127850.htm
    • View Profile
Extremely underpaid, as Matwek already pointed out.

Erik, to give you an idea, the budget for the making of Street Fighter 3rd Strike was 8 million usd, of course this includes not only art but all dependencies involved in developing the game.

This is why your experience in Fiverr and Upwork was so bad, you are hiring people that have no idea of the real scope of a project with this requirements, as soon as they realize what they accepted they just end up delivering really low quality assets or just bailing on you.

To make the project viable you should make compromises on expectations, scope and style. Otherwise you will have here the same experience as in Fiverr and Upwork.

In the style and quality you are requesting 1000 usd will get you at most the design of 5-6 characters without any kind of animations.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:58:05 pm by SeinRuhe »

Offline pixelartist3123

• Pixels Pixels Pixels
    • View Profile
    • https://www.fiverr.com/pixelart_eti?public_mode=true
Hey everyone,

I'm an independent dev trying to get my game going but I realized it's time I get rid of my placeholder art I made in MS paint. After failed attempts on Fiverr and Upwork, a friend of mine pointed me here.  I'm making a fighting game similar in pixel art style to Street Fighter Third Strike. I will need around 40 animations (1-30 frames each) for 10 unique characters. I have at most $1000 for whoever can do this project. If you are on this thread and have experience not just with art but also animation (very important, ive had so many good artist but bad animators) please let me know and let's work out a contract. For anyone else, please let me know if I'm underpaying/any other tips you can think of. Thanks!

hello still available?