AuthorTopic: 2 Pixel Pieces  (Read 4111 times)

Offline gregsometimes

• View Profile

2 Pixel Pieces

on: June 30, 2008, 02:58:43 am
Hello everyone. I have used this forum before, when the forum design was different. I haven't contributed much, but I take time to complete my work.

How I did these two things today... I decided I needed a "link" image for my website, so i figured I wanted to create an original chained link pic to make sure it doesn't look like other sites.

One link let to the other... I've also been watching Syndicate Wars youtube videos and decided to create my own futuristic city. Other than that I had 0% reference for either, all came out of my head.

Hope you like these things.

The infamous Rib Cage Ripper

In the near future...

Offline Emtch

• View Profile

Re: 2 Pixel Pieces

Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:59 pm
This looks good. Maybe there's a bit too much cyan on the chain links, it looks a little weird.
The second picture might need a bit more detail on the two big houses in the foreground, which also seem to be a bit out of perspective.
That's all I come to think of right now.

Offline Squeez

• View Profile
    • Girl-skaters

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 05:03:01 pm
Wowtsj I really like the second picture. It's a really nice scene with black and gray. As Emtch said, some more details would be very nice.

Offline gregsometimes

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 05:52:26 am
Thanks guys, i posted the city in a rush. I initially thought of coloring it, but ran out of time that night.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 05:58:27 am
It certainly has a special life to it without color, but do you plan to eventually color it? I love the whole cyberpunk aura, and the dark, unfinished quality adds to it, but you could go beyond.  I, and I'm sure that others, would like to see this piece go even further.  ^_^

Don't feel obligation or anything, just wondering.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.