AuthorTopic: Secret Santa Deadline Is Almost Here!  (Read 12437 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Secret Santa Deadline Is Almost Here!

on: December 14, 2005, 10:59:16 am
All of the PMs have been sent off. Each PM contains the name of the person that YOU are responsible for making a gift for. You now have until the end of the 23rd to complete your Secret Santa gift. Once again, this cutoff date is really for our benefit so that we have the time necessary to organise the things on our end. A thread with all the gifts will be posted in the Activities & Challenges Section on the 24th

As established from a previous year, the only rule here is that your gift be pixelled in nature.

WHAT DO I DO WHEN I’M FINISHED?
When you have finished, you have two options. You can send an email with a link to your image(for free image hosts check the Tools & tutorials thread) to secret.santa.submissions@gmail.com and we will post it in the final Secret Santa thread. When sending the email, make sure that you say what your username is, and who the gift is for so that we know who you are. If the email address is on the fritz, you can also PM it to me. The second option is you can post the gift yourself, BUT NOT UNTIL THE FINAL SECRET SANTA THREAD IS CREATED ON THE 24TH

WAIT A MINUTE, I NEVER GOT A PM!
If you haven’t received a PM with the name of whom you will be pixelling for, send me off a PM and I’ll fix this quick.

WHAT IF I FORGOT TO SIGN UP?
If you didn't sign up in time, it is possible to get in on this activity. Send me a PM, and if another person comes along who didn't sign up, I'll pair the two of you up.

Please don’t start making posts trying to figure out who is making your secret santa. Do your best to live with this secret shame for the next week or two.

Other than that, have fun, be creative, and don’t hold anything back when making your  gifts.

Also, a big THANK YOU goes out to Goat who was a tremendous help with matching up people and sending out the PMs to everyone.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 09:42:08 am by Peppermint Pig »

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Re: Secret Santa Deadline Is Almost Here!

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 08:55:37 pm
The end of the 23rd is coming up fast. Remember that unless you want to post your gift yourself on the 24th, send your completed gift to secret.santa.submissions@gmail.com or PM me it, if that isn't working.

Don't know about you all, but I can't wait for the 24th :D

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 09:08:25 pm
Yeah who can't but I have 5 tests and a project in my way.  WHY!  Don't worry my SS gift is great and should be done by tonight, most likely my best work.  It took me like 4 hours to finish the shading on the upper lip.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 09:49:12 pm
Ah finally! I've got it all ready and I'm excited to get this thing out in the open already.

I even put it as the background for my PSP.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 10:09:55 pm
who's timezone end of the 23rd :P. I'm on GMT+12.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Skalle

• Skalle
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 12:36:10 am
Oh, great, the deadlines coming. I haven't even started yet. Well, I pretty much am starting about right now, so I guess I should have enough time if I work enough before 24th.

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 01:16:09 am
who's timezone end of the 23rd :P. I'm on GMT+12.
I'm on Eastern(I think Windows says this is GMT-5), so you should try to get in before 11:59 EST. If you need those extra hours from your timezone, then by all means use them. Just know that once the final thread is up, responsibility for posting your gift in the thread falls to you. 

We'll also start hounding those of you that we're still waiting to see gifts from after the deadline :P

Oh! And don't forget to give us your username and the username of the person your gift is for when emailing your gifts.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 01:50:51 am by crab2selout.png »

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 01:43:10 am
Eastern USA? That would be GMT-5. I'm GMT+8 here in China so I guess I'll have to wait until the afternoon of Christmas eve. (though I probably wont get access to see them until I'm back at work on he 26th.

-Z-

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(

Offline crab2selout.png

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 01:52:23 am
Eastern USA? That would be GMT-5. I'm GMT+8 here in China so I guess I'll have to wait until the afternoon of Christmas eve. (though I probably wont get access to see them until I'm back at work on he 26th.

-Z-
Ah, I misread the dash in Windows Time Properties. Fixed it in my post and thanks for the correction, zogs.

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 02:08:45 am
emailed mine

tred my best on a short deadline; wanted to work on my lack of animation skills ._.