AuthorTopic: [WIP] Steampunk Headset (First post and first pixelart)  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Pixelgel

• View Profile
I made a strange steampunk headset. So far it seems too simple to be steampunk, but I don't know what to add on to it.

I'm thinking of getting rid of the long blue light on the middle "console."

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Re: [WIP] Steampunk Headset (First post and first pixelart)

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:56:55 pm
we won't tell you what to do, but if I'm allowed to, I would gladly share some *cyber*punk ideas with you (oh, what a rhyme!): take a look HERE.  also, your model of the head needs some more struggle, just check the reference.
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Pixelgel

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:05:09 am
The head is just a placeholder, but no reason not to practice my head making skills. Practice makes perfect!  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:06:45 am by Pixelgel »

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:17:25 am
sure!  one more thing: is that yellow ball floating in the upper left corner the light source?  I'd recommend you sculpting the head in accordance with the general rules of anatomy, though made of metal.  shining surfaces are pretty challenging but they are really eye-catchy!  don't give up and good luck!
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Pixelgel

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:30:28 am
sure!  one more thing: is that yellow ball floating in the upper left corner the light source?  I'd recommend you sculpting the head in accordance with the general rules of anatomy, though made of metal.  shining surfaces are pretty challenging but they are really eye-catchy!  don't give up and good luck!

I was originally going to make him human, but you just gave me a perfect image for him being Robotic!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:34:45 am by Pixelgel »

Offline tehwexxl0rz

• Swing the bat.
    • ianwexl0rz
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/15996.htm
    • View Profile
    • Ian Wexler | Game Developer

Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 04:26:35 am
A robot with an external headset...?  ??? Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense....

Anyway, what is this headset supposed to DO? If I know that, I can maybe give you some more constructive feedback!

Offline Antago

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:55:41 pm
I actually had the idea for a cyber punk game and it's a beautiful beautiful story (well, very disturbing, but well written) and included steampunk. I know this may be off topic but anyway if you'd like to chat sometime find me on aim