AuthorTopic: [4fun!] for womanliness' sake! grr!  (Read 7948 times)

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

[4fun!] for womanliness' sake! grr!

on: June 29, 2008, 09:10:54 pm
well, I've been going through some decaying stuff I've got deep in my archives . . . and this one popped up:

june 2007, to be exact.

fortunately, I needed a piece to test the new ProMotion release.  my first though was that this old work has some potential to be revealed.  then after a few hours of doodling, here she is, Francis; just for kicks, and you better not piss her off!

any comments & critique highly appreciated, but I probably won't make bigger changes to it (except some 'cosmetic' issues maybe).

I'm not sure of the colors, though. originally it was done on a widescreen laptop, then I revamped the palette 'on' a regular plasma.

0.90 laptop version:

cheerio!
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Re: [4fun!] for womanliness' sake! grr!

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:44:40 pm
Well, you're a far more superior artist than I, so there's not much I can say without sounding like a dumbass. But I do personally feel the knee area for both legs could be a touch thicker.

I don't have anything else to say other than it's a fantastic peice of artwork, like all your stuff.  :)
You're definetly one of the top dogs in the forums.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:14:51 pm
okay, I'll gather all the eventual critique that will be posted here then take into consideration what you have pointed out.

thank you, that was *really* refreshing comment! :* :D
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy

Offline Ian

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:33:03 pm
She's got a really manly phsique right now.  Very much a male "v" shape to the torso.  Widen those hips and pull in those shoulders!

Offline ortodoxx

• I Steal Colors
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 10:41:10 pm
nicely done with the colors. she really stands out, but it seems that you have put all your energy on the upper body and just skimmed through the lower part.

1. One is described as what i see as her splinemovment in that pose. i get the feeling that shes kinda pouting her ass out.
2. But if we look at number two, her lower part of the torso and her leg makes for almost a completley straight line making the one pose impossible.
3. And as for number three you can put that box ontop of the thigh (spelling?) and it fits making them too thin.

Im sorry if i sound too harsh, i really think this will be a great pice if the anatomy is corrected.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 11:16:02 pm
thanks,

@Ian:
she's wearing a random leather jacket and there are some hardened pieces on her shoulders.  this is what makes the torso look manly. :'(

@ortodoxx:
I was aiming at the 'I'm-attacking-in-a-while' pose: therefore I made her leaning a bit forwards, as to signalize that she can rush at you at any moment!  her ass is lowered, I think it's thus possible to fulfill guidelines of the #1 point you mention (her arm is moved backwards intentionally, after all she's holding her B-Nux tight!) and #2 in this particular case.

I might work on the boots and the hips more.

again, thanks!

edit: a 'little bit' of retouching: softened knees & a smaller belly (thus wider hips), will fuc-- play with the colors tomorrow:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:27:37 am by Skurwy »

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 12:19:50 am
I really like the colors, but I think a bit more contrast wouldn't hurt.

I would make her whole upper torso slimmer, jacket and all. Either that or move the right arm closer to the body. I would also lower the upper torso a bit, but that's probably more of a personal preference.

The shading on the legs make them look flat, and she needs more knees.

Hips have been mentioned. Her waist might also need some work.

There's something odd about the way the shorts and the left leg meet. It also looks a bit odd that the waistline of the shorts is completely straight.

I also think she looks too happy for a ready-to-attack pose, but that might just be me again. :) The pose probably needs a bit more work with regards to balance and such, but I'm not sure about that, so here's an edit with the things I mentioned to make it a bit clearer what I mean. ;D

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 01:34:23 am
Seems to me like her right leg was almost perfect until you applied lighting...its like you lit it and sculpted it poorly.
Actually, I like the first, flat version more altogether--it leaves much more to imply.  You're going overboard with detail.

:( Sorry if that sounds harsh.

But besides my opinion, her right leg definitely needs some attention.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:32:28 am
Like arachne fixed, the thigh of the far leg looked way way too thin. The way her ass is covered by the lowered "pants" and it makes that straight line...it seems like her whole navel-leg section is way too long without the booty division. I didn't recognize the brass knuckles at first, with them being so close in color to the skin.

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 06:43:08 am
She's got high heels so her pelvis needs to be pushed forward a bit.

Her right foot needs to be moved out to support her weight better. Currently it looks like she's about to faint to her right.
Don't bend her knees. People almost never stand with knees bent.

Your inital sketch is by far the best of all (including all edits from other people).
You got a pose in the original that works and is belivable while the newer ones got some strange farty stance.